Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

20 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Not sure signing bench players is the way to go.

And right now that means buying someone who get's straight in the first eleven and who is better than the likes of McGinn and Barkley. Which is of course a tough task.

Just don't see the point if he is just marginally better than Nakamba.

If their not better than who we've got don't bother signing anyone i'd say. Quality over quantity.

Increasing the overall quality of the squad is a good thing, even if it doesn't necessarily upgrade the first team itself straight away.

If he does come, it will be interesting to see how much we pay. The circa £20m that I've seen suggests he'd be pushing for a starting place straight away, but any less than that and it could simply be a way to fill a gap that's about to open.

We'll see. For what it's worth, he seems like the type of player we should be looking at.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Could be he’ll be playing alongside McGinn with Luiz pushing up to number 10. We know he has the work rate and the ability to play that position. Not saying that’s the case, just a thought.

Would be very very surprised if Luiz's position is changed.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I see him more as a No 8 than a No 6....but its just opinions.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I would be personally, I just didn’t imagine us going in for a DM. As has been said, we’re probably looking at expanding the quality within the whole squad.

I think with the huge gulf in depth between Luiz/McGinn/Barkley (loan) versus Nakamba/Hourihane/Lansbury. We need competition of a higher calibre, especially if there are long-term concerns about Barkley's fitness harming any future deal. We've also got Ramsey developing nicely. I think McGinn and Luiz would benefit from a box-to-box type pushing them for places. They don't have any competition at present, and it would give the squad a bit lift in quality from what I've read.

• Like 4

I trust in our management, I never heard of this guy before. However, I believe Smith, Lange and whoever is in charge knows a bit more about him than me.

All in if we need him, could really use another god CM!

• Like 1

never heard of him but i can understand the logic. weve had to compromise Grealish in the last few games as we have such a gulf between our starting midfield and the options. Definitely starting to trust our scouting options, high percentage of our players are proving effective additions.

6 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Not sure signing bench players is the way to go.

And right now that means buying someone who get's straight in the first eleven and who is better than the likes of McGinn and Barkley. Which is of course a tough task.

Just don't see the point if he is just marginally better than Nakamba.

If their not better than who we've got don't bother signing anyone i'd say. Quality over quantity.

Who said he’s marginally better than Nakamba?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Thanks 1

We need options as well as back up.

Its squad strength that cements status, not just first 11 strength.

he is also in the 26 club, like most of our players.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Rumours Marseille are signing Milik for £10m. 

Another player who'd be good for us. I wonder if they've just acquired some funds from somewhere?

Pasteurised or sterilised?

• Haha 1

Â