Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fair enough but shouldn’t signing players mean the ones who aren’t getting on the bench or in the team will be surplus to requirements? I see comments like signing Samson means we will lose Luiz or aren’t going to sign Barkley.   Does it have to be that way? 

No, I certainly don't think either of those 2 will be unregistered.

@MaVilla has pointed out Kalinic has already left, I'd forgotten about that. So there is room for one more player as it stands if Lansbury remains out of the picture.

The way we play, with 2 DMs and 1 CAM, I dont think Hourihane fits either of those positions, sadly lacks the pace although he has some good attacking qualities. Might be best for all if he was allowed to move on.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Kalinic was named in the 25 man squad (now on loan), Guilbert is possibly going on loan in Jan?, thats 1-2 spaces right off the bat.

Also, Wesley was named in the initial 25 man squad, so he's already there.

What about Heaton, does Kalinic's spot go to him or was he already in the 25?

His name was certainly linked last summer so I suspect he's been on our radar for quite a way.

Talk of 20m fee.....I haven't seen a huge amount of Marseille over last 18 months but they've been top 4 regular in that time. Seems he was injured start of the season but been a regular for them in league and CL since.

I suspect he's not only a replacement for Hourihane but also Nakamba. Also wonder if we might put Gulibert in the deal but not sure he's good enough for a Marseille standard team unless they want him as squad player.

For a deep lying player his goal record is pretty good, tends to average 5 a season although he hit 9 in 17/18.

Stay tuned I suspect.

I like the look of this.  For me, SJM is critical to us performing well as he provides the energy, drive and dynamism from CM that is critical in our set up.  When he has an off game, we do and when he is injured/out, we tend to have poor runs.  Sanson looks like perfect competition/cover/rotation, that can also play in other CM positions.  He looks a definite upgrade on Hourihane who is technically good enough for an Premier League squad but just is nowhere near the intensity levels required.

This is the type of squad signing that Leicester have been very good at over the past couple of years and signals to me that Smith is really getting a nice shape to his squad as we continue to move in the right direction.  I hope we get this over the line.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Strange to name 4 goalies and leave out Lansbury.

complete guess, but i would bet 10 english pounds that Villa wanted to either loan him out or do a mutual termination, i guess Lansbury said no to both thinking he would get the odd game, but he was left out of the squad to say "nah bro, u really really aint in our plans".

We need more energy and options middle of the park.

It makes sense as we have many games still to play in a short space of time, I don't know anything about him but those statistics look good.

I think Hourihane and Kalinic going opens up two places in the 25 man squad.

• Like 1

Nakamba, Hourihane and Lansbury out. Sanson in?

That's good business fee and wage wise you know IMO.

Ramsey has essentially jumped ahead of Connor already, and Sanson can do bot wat Connor and Nakamba do according to reports.

Would that leave us too light?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Nakamba, Hourihane and Lansbury out. Sanson in?

That's good business fee and wage wise you know IMO.

Ramsey has essentially jumped ahead of Connor already, and Sanson can do bot wat Connor and Nakamba do according to reports.

Would that leave us too light?

tbh, Lansbury isnt even in the squad so he's irrelevant, but getting him off the books would be nice to free up some wages.

In terms of the squad, we are going to have some nasty runs of games in 2021, with Kalinic gone and freeing up a squad slot, i would try for Sanson (or someone else), to fill that empty slot, i wouldnt get rid of Hourihane in Jan, i think our next rebuild can be in the summer when Taylor, lansbury, Elmo, possibly Hourihane etc all move on.

For now, we need a squad, so letting players go without having a direct replacement and some depth is prob a bad idea.

just my opinion tho.

• Like 1

We need another CM who is a battler and can pass, if that's Sanson I'm all for it!

If Lundstram is available I think he would be a safer and cheaper option, but Sanson is sure more exotic. One hesitation I have is that many French players seem to find it hard to settle in England, which always makes it a bit of a gamble. 

Â