Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Nakamba, Hourihane and Lansbury out. Sanson in?

That's good business fee and wage wise you know IMO.

Ramsey has essentially jumped ahead of Connor already, and Sanson can do bot wat Connor and Nakamba do according to reports.

Would that leave us too light?

Lansbury wasn’t even in the squad, so if we sign Sanson we would then have him and Ramsey as rotation/future starters in exchange for two players that are now essentially last resort players. Sounds like genuine squad strength as opposed to just numbers in the centre of midfield. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

We need another CM who is a battler and can pass, if that's Sanson I'm all for it!

If Lundstram is available I think he would be a safer and cheaper option, but Sanson is sure more exotic. One hesitation I have is that many French players seem to find it hard to settle in England, which always makes it a bit of a gamble. 

but ironically a couple of the best ever players to play in the PL were french! 🤷‍♀️

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

but ironically a couple of the best ever players to play in the PL were french! 🤷‍♀️

Yes that's true, and it is of course very individual, perhaps mostly us that has been unlucky with the French. The first one I remember is Mathieu Berson, who wasn't bad, but like most of them were off after a season or two. Ginola was the best from what I can remember.

2 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Yes that's true, and it is of course very individual, perhaps mostly us that has been unlucky with the French. The first one I remember is Mathieu Berson, who wasn't bad, but like most of them were off after a season or two. Ginola was the best from what I can remember.

to be fair we had a couple of french players with potential (Amavi, Veretout) not that long ago, and we as a club completely mis-handled them, thats our own faul tbh.....

Says it all when Amavi is doing well at Marseille, Veretout at Roma........if only we replicated that scenario now.....we would have a whole different return on their talent i think.

18 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Why not keep Nakamba? He is a good ball winner, can still improve and good to have as cover?

I actually like Nakamba but he is limited, I'm just bouncing ideas around about what they might be thinking. 

FFP and all.

Similarly to how I never saw Cash coming in, and Guibert being bombed out.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

It doesn't mean anyone is leaving..it's called having a squad and with the insane schedule of this season, why people think it must mean Luiz or Barkley are leaving baffles me as you say. As long as the finances work etc nothing bad can come of having another valid first team quality option.

Wise words Pissflaps.

We need good cover/competition, not someone just pull on the shirt and be a weak link. He'd be a sensible signing.

McGinn and Luiz will fight tooth and nail for those shirts. I wish anyone thinking they'll knock John McGinn out the side all the best.

• Like 1

Â