Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I know nothing of of this player but why it is every time we are linked to a player it means a first team player is leaving? Our squad lacks a lot of quality. 

Partly to do with the 25 man squad and freeing up space.  I can only think of Conor and Guilbert being saleable assets and unlikely to get any game time, even though I like both.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I know nothing of of this player but why it is every time we are linked to a player it means a first team player is leaving? Our squad lacks a lot of quality. 

Agree with you, I mean yeah if we're to choose to believe rumours then he'll be filling a spot that Hourihane would potentially leave, but even if people are correct I wouldn't agree with the notion that it means we wouldn't or shouldn't sign Barkley. If you're a side playing in Europe - we we're aspiring to be - then having quality options on the bench is how to do so or else it's going to catch up with you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I don't think so. It looks like McGinn competition for me.

In fact I think Traore can cover for Bsrkley  as can Grealish.

I agree, from what the little we've seen so far from that YouTube video, he looks a pretty clear McGinn alternative. 

Willing to get forward and can do a defensive job but not his main position, energetic midfielder. He'll compete with SJM

Know absolutely nothing about Sanson but Villa Analytics has done a good thread and analysis on him on twitter. 

Sanson appears to be closest in style to McGinn, with stats (in France so hard to compare) better than McGinn's from a defensive point of view. 

He says however that he could be a swap for Luiz if he leaves this summer or for Barkley as he's younger, cheaper, not injured and would be more of a 4-3-3 type player. 

If we get him for less than £20m he looks a good buy. 

A thread from our Friendly Neighbourhood Analyticsman

Worth reading the lot but This bigger things:

Goes on to say he matches McGinn best in our side.

But also that playing Sanson-Luiz-McGinn (I.e. instead of Barkley) would make us even harder to breakdown and Sanson would still be capable of pushing forwards in attack.

TLDR: he'd likely compete with McGinn, but also gives an option instead of Barkley if we need more energy and grit in midfield. So, strong Midfield competition. On this basis, I'm in. Exactly what we need.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

He really isn't, he still gets loads wrong. People just seem willing to ignore his bullshit as he's built up a bit of a cult.

He said fish boy Rasicha was nailed on to come so...

Codswallop

40 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

why it is every time we are linked to a player it means a first team player is leaving? Our squad lacks a lot of quality. 

Because our 25 man squad is already full, we already had to omit Lansbury so are beyond the limit as it is.

There is no need to keep players around if they arent going to be included in the 25 man squad, especially now we are out of all the cup competitions

8 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Because our 25 man squad is already full, we already had to omit Lansbury so are beyond the limit as it is.

There is no need to keep players around if they arent going to be included in the 25 man squad, especially now we are out of all the cup competitions

4 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

I assume that if Hourihane or Guilbert go that makes room for him. In theory either way he would be coming in to start and improve the 1st eleven in theory.

Kalinic was named in the 25 man squad (now on loan), Guilbert is possibly going on loan in Jan?, thats 1-2 spaces right off the bat.

Also, Wesley was named in the initial 25 man squad, so he's already there.

Edited by MaVilla

9 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Fair enough but shouldn’t signing players mean the ones who aren’t getting on the bench or in the team will be surplus to requirements? I see comments like signing Samson means we will lose Luiz or aren’t going to sign Barkley.   Does it have to be that way? 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Â