Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

19 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

Looking on WhoScored, he seems like a predominantly defensive player so I can't see him being a direct Hourihane upgrade exactly. He seems more like a midfield enforcer type, which is arguably the sort of player we're missing.

He's a different kind of midfielder to Hourihane but what I meant was he'd be an upgrade in terms of what he offers the team. We need him more than Hourihane.

Basically Hourihane out and Sanson in leaves us in a better position, no question.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Saw someone make a good point, suggestion he could actually be a better value Barkley replacement?

Granted I've seen less of him in the last couple of seasons, but they're not that comparable where it'd be a like for like replacement. Sanson is more in the McGinn mould of being a bit of an all rounder, makes a lot of defensive contributions but carries the ball well and chips in with a few goals too. When Barkley plays he's pushed right up as a 10 which I can't imagine Sanson would be doing much.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I always thought Fabrizio was fairly reliable in relation to transfers as far as journos go. Though, I could be very wrong tho.

You're right, he is fairly reliable comparatively. Unfortunately that's more of an indictment on other football journalists.

Fabrizio is extremely reliable. Yes, he said we were signing Rashica but he was right that we were in advanced talks, whether people want to believe it or not.

But anyway, this isn't his story. It seems to come from this guy who I have never heard of...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

Seems like a Barkley alternative to me

Yes and suggests there is truth to Conor moving on which given how well liked he is at the club and his lack of mins you can’t begrudge. Seems to be a squad upgrade which is basically what everyone wants except for another striker of course but seems like we’re hoping Wesley will be in play before too long. 

Ooh I like it when a new thread like this opens.  I remember him being suggested before so it could either be we have tracked him for ages and finally getting the deal done or a rehash of old news from desperate 'journalists'.  He would probably be an upgrade on Conor, though I think he gets a hard time, he deserves a move to play more football if he wants it.

Â