Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

what about a europa league final? that both marseille (inc sanson) played in 2 years ago?

Did you just downgrade our conversation even more?

A lot of average players over the years has played in a Europa League final.

I'm not even saying that he is a bad player. But if he isn't good enough to go straight into our eleven i just don't see the point. It's just filler.

Just save the money and spend big in the summer.

Edited by villalad21

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I'm not even saying that he is a bad player. But if he isn't good enough to go straight into our eleven i just don't see the point. It's just filler.

Explain to me why we only need 11 good players? Enlighten me 🙄

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

For all we know he could go into our 11? At the moment we have literally no subs to put in that can change the game for the better. I assume he is deemed on the level of our current starting players, and if he is on that level we should get him (unless this makes it impossible to get better players due to financial reasons, however I trust in our management to avoid that). 

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

but you haven't seen him play! how do you know he doesn't go into our starting 11?!

39 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

What were we thinking of signing a bloke from Hibs who Celtic only offered £2.5m for. If he was any good he wouldn’t be playing in Scotland. 

The last thing we need is a right back from Forest when they couldn’t even make the playoffs. 

Smith hasn’t got a clue, we need Big Sam to keep us up. 

I could go on. 

kill myself season 5 GIF by Portlandia

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

but you haven't seen him play! how do you know he doesn't go into our starting 11?!

If Marseille is the highest level he's reached at the age of 26 that doesn't suggest to me he is any better than what we've got.

If Barkley decides to leave then that's another conversation but i find it very hard to believe a 26 year old guy from Marseille is better than either McGinn or Barkley.

Edited by villalad21

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If Marseille is the highest level he's reached at the age of 26 that doesn't suggest to me he is any better than what we've got.

If Barkley decides to leave then that's another conversation but i find it very hard to believe a 26 year old guy from Marseille is better than either McGinn or Barkley.

so you're guessing...thanks for clearing that up.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Guessing?

If he was a great player he would have reached a higher level than Marseille.

but why was ollie watkins good enough then? you were happy with that signing...i just dont get it. but yet i find myself desperate to understand your logic for reasons unknown.

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

but why was ollie watkins good enough then? you were happy with that signing...i just dont get it. but yet i find myself desperate to understand your logic for reasons unknown.

Because Wesley is a woeful striker.

Watkins isn't world class or anything but he was still a big upgrade for us.

When McGinn and Barkley are both fit they'll play. Every single week.

I find it hard to believe this guy will be an upgrade to either of them. Smells of a quantity, filler signing this.

Won't be sad about it, but not very excited either. I think a higher caliber inside forward is a much bigger priority.

Just now, villalad21 said:

I find it hard to believe this guy will be an upgrade to either of them. Smells of a quantity, filler signing this.

Won't be sad about it, but not very excited either. I think a higher caliber inside forward is a much bigger priority.

And if they're not fit every week?

• Like 1

This. 

This is the reason. 

Do you see this bit I emboldened? This is the reason we're looking at Sanson. This reason I have highlighted. 

• Like 2

but how did you know this? at the time we signed watkins wesley had made a number of PL appearances and been capped by Brazil. by your logic, watkins shouldn't have been an upgrade on we have.

this is what i'm trying to understand. why was watkins, by your logic, good enough for our starting 11 despite only playing up to championship level but sanson isn't?

• Like 1

Â