Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

33 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Unfortunately all the other leagues are skint .

Years of allowing Barca, Real , Bayern , Juve (lol) totally dominate the tv rights and the other revenue streams has caught up with them. I know the sky 7 and all that but finishing last in the premier league means you can still afford to buy good players from Europe. 

sad state of affairs but they only have themselves to blame. 

Edit - Sanson is a good player but needs minutes. And what a hunk.

Also doesn’t help that most of the PL teams are propped up by billionairre’s. Chelski, Man City have created the hyper inflation of the transfer market and wages over the last 20 years.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Basically confirms a midfield incoming. 

We were horribly thin on the bench on Saturday. 

Definitely. 

No point freeing his wages up, not actually making any money from him, and leaving us with even fewer options on the bench.  Only logical outcome is he's being replaced.

14 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

No point freeing his wages up, not actually making any money from him, and leaving us with even fewer options on the bench.  Only logical outcome is he's being replaced.

True.  But we sign a midfielder and then in the summer Sanson is back with 2 years left on his contract. What do we do then?

40 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Does Moreno being a little man negate his handsomeness?

Or have you forgotten about him? lol

Oh he's a handsome fella, no doubt, its just with Fred and Morgan gone, its like Bros without Matt and Luke. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ender4 said:

True.  But we sign a midfielder and then in the summer Sanson is back with 2 years left on his contract. What do we do then?

He might stay. Nakamba and maybe McGinn may be gone by then?

Just now, Xela said:

He might stay. Nakamba and maybe McGinn may be gone by then?

Yeah, I think he’ll go for good but interestingly Emery said “he’s a good player but needs to be playing consistently and that’s hard to give him here right now” etc etc, versus Nakamba where he just said “I’ve told him he should leave.” So there are definitely levels to it even though I don’t personally think we will see Sanson again.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Sell him for cheap, sell others and use him, loan him out again. Worry about it in the summer.

All i know is that leaving us with only 2 senior midfield/forward options on the bench is not going to happen.

Edited by MrBlack

6 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

It’s nothing to do with the bloke as a person. I wish he’d just bugger off somewhere else so we can sign somebody! 

I get this, but generally wishing someone would ‘**** off’ implies exactly that you have issues with someone as a person.

Otherwise ‘I wish he’d move on’ would suffice, no?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

Do the Sanson fans see this as a mistake from Emery? 

with how highly he’s still generally regarded in this thread seems there’s a disconnect somewhere?

I'm a bit of a fan, but no - it's no mistake.

Emery is now the 3rd manager to overlook Sanson. I think Sanson is capable - but I also think Fred Guilbert is capable. Perhaps, like Fred, there is more to this than ability.

55 minutes ago, Thug said:

I get this, but generally wishing someone would ‘**** off’ implies exactly that you have issues with someone as a person.

Otherwise ‘I wish he’d move on’ would suffice, no?

Far too polite for someone who calls themselves thug

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

with how highly he’s still generally regarded in this thread seems there’s a disconnect somewhere?7 

no -- he clearly needs regular game time and we play Dougie & Kamara in the mid (we have McGinn, Dendoncker, & Ramsey who can cover) plus all of the options for attacking mid / wide and if we sign another midfielder it gets super crowded. Is it the end of Sanson's tenure with us? I don't know because he needs to have this run of games. 

1 hour ago, grantholtgolazo said:

with how highly he’s still generally regarded in this thread seems there’s a disconnect somewhere?

Not at all.

I think the main criticism was he wasn’t getting game time even when we were dogshit under Gerrard.  

3 successive managers have failed to give him an extensive run in the team, which at the very least goes to show that he’s no significant upgrade on those starting before him, but more likely to show that there’s nothing in his game that warrants him starting.  

He needs to move on for his career, and we need to move on with our process.

Best all round that he goes and performs for Salzburg so we can at least get Al some kind of fee for him.

1 hour ago, Villaphan04 said:

no -- he clearly needs regular game time and we play Dougie & Kamara in the mid (we have McGinn, Dendoncker, & Ramsey who can cover) plus all of the options for attacking mid / wide and if we sign another midfielder it gets super crowded. Is it the end of Sanson's tenure with us? I don't know because he needs to have this run of games. 

If we get to the point where we need McGinn and Ramsey playing holding mids due to injury, that would make this move a mistake. If another dcm is on the way then no

Â