Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

27 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

He did indeed make lots of mistakes, but I don't think you can absolve him because he was offered a job he shouldn't have been offered. Gerrard's ego (built by being a great footballer not a great manager) prevented him from developing in any way as a manager whilst he was here. The only tiny glimpse of self-reflection he ever showed was the interview after the Fulham game the night he was sacked, when it was blatantly obvious to even the most blind of his fans that he was a million miles out of his depth. He never once learned from his mistakes and kept repeating them over and over out of sheer stubbornness and refusal to accept he was in the wrong. That's what winds me up so much about Gerrard over all of the other failed managers we've had - and that's on him rather than those that put him there.

I’m not defending SG or not seeing his many faults but he was offered the job and took it. That’s what most people would do when offered a better job. As a former very successful player with huge levels of self confidence he’s more likely to not see his weaknesses than most. The fault lies with the CEO who appointed him without doing proper due diligence, worsened by the fact he didn’t even realise that the brains behind the operation was using the club as a stepping stone to his own managerial career. It didn’t take a genius, it was common knowledge up here that Beale was the brains. 

Purslow loves the limelight and was blinded by it, allowing us to be mugged off by his own vanity. This was probably the conclusion that NSWE came to and perhaps why the normally calm NAS was so furious after the Fulham game. I can image Purslow was still defending SG even then and Nas had had more than enough. The buck stops with Purslow. He was the one who failed to act when it was clear SG was failing. 

• Like 1

Thought he was OK when he came on. Could have done a bit better for their goal. But that Gnonto was really skilled and strong. Did enough to delay him and if young hadn't taken a dive would have done enough to let him recover. I don't think you can complain about the fact that a midfielder sprinted 35 yards but couldn't perfectly stop to stay in front of the winger. 

Won a free kick in a nice position. But didn't have much else to do other than that. 

• Like 1

I thought he was poor when he came on.  Didn't get up to the pace of the game and none of the through balls or offensive actions he tried came off. Again, he's so out of practice, that throwing him in to a game like that was asking for trouble. He was one of a few at fault for their goal.

Play him against a team on the backfoot that we need to break down, and I think he'd be very good. Bring him on to close out a game with that intensity...maybe not.

All that said, glad he's getting game time and not being frozen out. Only 16 months too late.

Edited by MrBlack

7 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I thought he was poor when he came on.  Didn't get up to the pace of the game and none of the through balls or offensive actions he tried came off. Again, he's so out of practice, that throwing him in to a game like that was asking for trouble. He was one of a few at fault for their goal.

Play him against a team on the backfoot that we need to break down, and I think he'd be very good. Bring him on to close out a game with that intensity...maybe not.

All that said, glad he's getting game time and not being frozen out. Only 16 months too late.

Fair summary - but this guy can play and must remain part of the group imo 

2 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

Fair summary - but this guy can play and must remain part of the group imo 

Yeah, agreed. And maybe if he was match fit and had played recently he'd be ideal to bring on in a game like that. As someone else said, he could calm the game down with his style of play. The more he plays, the closer back to his best he'll get.

12 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

Thought that was on him for the goal, all he had to do was to keep track and position and make it difficult for Neville's lovechild Leeds wonderkid. 

Bit unfair. 

It's definitely on Young for the goal. Tucked too far inside and then tried to win a free kick. 

Watch the reply and Sanson has busted a gut across a 40 yard sprint to even catch up with Gnonto and press. 

He actually got into a really good position after that and I don't know how he managed to come of second best - that was poor - but I don't think too much can be put on him for Young's mistake. 

• Like 2

Would love him to tuck me in at night, bring me a cup of cocoa, read me a story in French accented English and kiss me on the forehead as I nod off saying that Will do pig , that will do

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HongKongVillan said:

Thought that was on him for the goal, all he had to do was to keep track and position and make it difficult for Neville's lovechild Leeds wonderkid. 

I know. He got goal - side of the kid and then I don't know what happened. 

10 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I know. He got goal - side of the kid and then I don't know what happened. 

It looked like he just got rolled. Pretty poor really from Sanson, but the Leeds lad had an excellent game tbh and was easily there most dangerous player. Thankfully it didn't matter in the end. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, May-Z said:

Bit unfair. 

It's definitely on Young for the goal. Tucked too far inside and then tried to win a free kick. 

Watch the reply and Sanson has busted a gut across a 40 yard sprint to even catch up with Gnonto and press. 

He actually got into a really good position after that and I don't know how he managed to come of second best - that was poor - but I don't think too much can be put on him for Young's mistake. 

Yeah, Ashley just realised he’d misjudged the flight of the ball and went for a dive. Sanson could have done better (after doing well to catch the kid) but he wasn’t really the one at fault, if we must allocate blame. (Edit: just seen Young in an interview insisting he was fouled so will give him the benefit of the doubt on that).

Edited by Adam2003

I'm amazed we haven't offered him to Nice when you look at their squad.

It's some retirement home for premier league players, Schmiechel, Joe Bryan, Ramsey, Barkley and Pepe all in it.

Surely they'd take him for 5m as I can't see Montpellier paying even that amount.

Harsh views for the goal. Young tried to be a bit too cute making out it was a foul and that left Sanson having to make up 20 yards on a very quick player. He did well to get up and close him down as he entered the penalty area.

Â