Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

was it £17m we got him for? playing regularly for half a season will help. Around £10m possible still? I dunno how much money the french league has though

Hardly two Francs to rub toghether

On 03/04/2023 at 23:58, SecretVillaScout said:

How much you record we can get for him?

With him on PL wages and France sides in mid table not having two bob we will probably do well to cover his contract and come out zero.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow. Had forgotten this guy. 

I assumed we'd sold him. So he's only on loan? 

Ironically he'd almost certainly have got some game time recently with our injuries. 

Sanson, what a waste. We will never know how he could have been here, thought Emery might have wanted to work with him but looks like he has found a good place for him where he can stay. Anyone reckon he will be reintegrated into squad by Emery in summer?

20 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Sanson, what a waste. We will never know how he could have been here, thought Emery might have wanted to work with him but looks like he has found a good place for him where he can stay. Anyone reckon he will be reintegrated into squad by Emery in summer?

You never know but I'd say highly unlikely.

22 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Agree we'll never know if he could have made it. Some will have an opinion that he never would have, but there's no way there was enough evidence to draw that conclusion. 

As to whether he'll be reintegrated? I'd say less than a 10% chance. His book value will be at least offset by what we'll get for him,  and the wages off the book will help us get someone Emery wants.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I think his performance highlights the difference in quality between ligue 1 and the prem. For further context, Andre Gomes, who is an absolutely dreadful player, got a brace today. 

Is Gomes really dreadful?

2 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Somewhere less than 1%.  Sanson was bought to try and get us from 17th to 12th.  He's not done anything to suggest that he'll help us cement a place in the top 6 - 8.  Had he not been injured and been playing regularly for us then maybe he might have shown something but I don't see him dislodging anyone from our starting XI or even from the bench.  I expect us to sign another midfielder this summer and maybe look to integrate one of our younger prospects who has done well on loan.

I reckon Emery could have got the best out of him.His worked his magic with less talented players in our squad. I think Sanson just wanted game time and play.

Edited by ozvilla28
  • Like 1

I think it's very telling that Dean Smith, Steven Gerrard AND Unai Emery didn't use him widely.  Clearly an issue with him.  I trust Emery to bring players on, improve them, but the fact that he went the same way as his predecessors makes me think that the problem definitely lies with the player.  Sell him, agree a pay off, whatever.  He's finished at Villa. 

Edited by STO

Â