Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

The Leeds goal was why he never made it here and won’t. There’s no conspiracy. There’s nobody not wanting to give a him a chance. He’s not even close to the most persecuted player ( subjective opinion to who that is ) to play for this club. Sanson isn’t that good. Stop looking for something that ain’t there and move on folks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, ChesterDad said:

Fair summary - but this guy can play and must remain part of the group imo 

Based on what ? Where’s the evidence to suggest this ? His best bits v Lorient and St Etienne on YouTube ? Yeah, Guilbert has those videos too. And Engels. And Wesley. 

11 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Based on what ? Where’s the evidence to suggest this ? His best bits v Lorient and St Etienne on YouTube ? Yeah, Guilbert has those videos too. And Engels. And Wesley. 

Based on seeing his technique and intelligence with our eyes.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I'm amazed we haven't offered him to Nice when you look at their squad.

It's some retirement home for premier league players, Schmiechel, Joe Bryan, Ramsey, Barkley and Pepe all in it.

Surely they'd take him for 5m as I can't see Montpellier paying even that amount.

Harsh views for the goal. Young tried to be a bit too cute making out it was a foul and that left Sanson having to make up 20 yards on a very quick player. He did well to get up and close him down as he entered the penalty area.

Especially as it so nice in nice

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Based on seeing his technique and intelligence with our eyes.

He’s the unluckiest or most persecuted player to ever pull on the claret and blue. Smith, Gerrard, Emery. None of them taken to him. Odd. 

14 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

The Leeds goal was why he never made it here and won’t. There’s no conspiracy. There’s nobody not wanting to give a him a chance. He’s not even close to the most persecuted player ( subjective opinion to who that is ) to play for this club. Sanson isn’t that good. Stop looking for something that ain’t there and move on folks. 

Harsh. He bust a gut to get back to cover Young in that situation, but momentum, plus the physicality of Gnonto has made it difficult for him there. That goal’s more on Young (who otherwise had an outstanding game) than it is on Sanson. 

• Like 3

Sanson is actually the sort of player who'll probably go to Villareal and look good again as they have a habit of rehabilitating players who couldn't quite cut it in prem (Juan Foyth, Lo Celso, Danjuma, Alberto Moreno etc).

Who knows how strong the link is but personally I'd keep him around. If he'd gone already then Nakamba would've been our only defensive midfielder on the bench today so not like we have amazing depth in this area compared to other parts of the team.

Right time to let him go in the summer as we need to create space for Tim in the matchday squad.

32 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Behave.

Was poor play from him, but it's hardly mortal sin to be skinned by that lad. He made loads of chances for them tonight.

Was a weird little skirmish as well, the guy ran miles away from the ball. You're not really allowed to do that, and I think Sanson lost where the ball was.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Behave.

Was poor play from him, but it's hardly mortal sin to be skinned by that lad. He made loads of chances for them tonight.

Was a weird little skirmish as well, the guy ran miles away from the ball. You're not really allowed to do that, and I think Sanson lost where the ball was.

Yeah but if you are getting 10 mins and in that 10 mins trying to play your way into the team and you play a part in a concession of a goal like that - it’s not good. People are diverting away and talking about the running back. He got back well in time when the move wasn’t in the red zone so to speak. He was physically weak and i felt it was a tokenism type tackle that lacked any real conviction 

Watched the highlights several times and can't see why he's getting brunt of blame for that goal. He over ran got flat footed. Was no coming back against Leeds best player in split second. Luiz was far worse in same vicinity

Edited by Kiwivillan

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Yeah but if you are getting 10 mins and in that 10 mins trying to play your way into the team and you play a part in a concession of a goal like that - it’s not good. People are diverting away and talking about the running back. He got back well in time when the move wasn’t in the red zone so to speak. He was physically weak and i felt it was a tokenism type tackle that lacked any real conviction 

There's no debate to be had. That was a bad bit of defending by him.

Saying he's "not good", there is a debate to be had.

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

It looked like he just got rolled. Pretty poor really from Sanson, but the Leeds lad had an excellent game tbh and was easily there most dangerous player. Thankfully it didn't matter in the end. 

Idk he still had momentum from his sprint when he got rolled. It's very hard to stop instantly. Especially when you get a little chicken wing to try and move you out of the way. 

Like he clearly got shoved in the back twice which is why he was moved out of position. He could maybe have done better. Gnonto saw he was catching up and then slowed down and pushed sanson in the back so he could cut inside. 

Edited by MotoMkali

5 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Steven Gerrard is that you?  I do agree he’s physically weak and slow, but he’s decent with the ball at his feet and can pick out a pass has he done enough to convince me he can make it here? No but he definitely deserves the time to do so. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Words. 10 mins of game time. Snippets as always. If he gets a solid run then we’ll see. 

Lol, “words”…

Hes getting game time, which means he’s trusted by a far better manager than Dean Smith or a Lego haired party clown. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Â