Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

9 hours ago, chappy said:

Just a little thing but I thought sending him out to do the post match interview was an excellent piece of man management by Gerrard; you’re an important part of my squad etc.

Was thinking this too. 

Gerrard has already mentioned that he wasn't fit in his few few games but he wanted to give him minutes to keep him as part of the team. This interview solidifies that.

Under Smith he was quickly becoming the forgotten man and I don't think he would've been here much longer than Jan in that case. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Sanson did lovely chip for a chance against City. I wouldn't drop Nakamba just because Norwich. Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got til it's gone. 

They paved paradise, Morgs' nickin JJ's spot. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, May-Z said:

Was thinking this too. 

Gerrard has already mentioned that he wasn't fit in his few few games but he wanted to give him minutes to keep him as part of the team. This interview solidifies that.

Under Smith he was quickly becoming the forgotten man and I don't think he would've been here much longer than Jan in that case. 

Yep Gerrard clearly rates him, no way would DS have put him on with 15 minutes left v Leicester if we were winning that imo so certainly been a trust issue.

I think he starts at Norwich given he's had two good cameo appearances against good opposition and Norwich/Burnley ideal games to get him properly up to speed.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Yep Gerrard clearly rates him, no way would DS have put him on with 15 minutes left v Leicester if we were winning that imo so certainly been a trust issue.

I think he starts at Norwich given he's had two good cameo appearances against good opposition and Norwich/Burnley ideal games to get him properly up to speed.

Perfect game for him to show Smith what he has .

• Like 1

On 13/12/2021 at 00:20, VillaChris said:

'In my opinion' ... 'so certainly a trust issue'.

I'm not sure those two bits go together! 😛

Also, he was injured 90% of the time and Smith did play him!

Here we go, we might get 90 mins of Sanson tonight, its been horrible waiting to see what this chap can do..

He looks sharp, and can carry the ball forward well from tight spaces. God i hope he comes good, our midfield really needs it

edit - ffs just seen he has covid from match thread. I should have known. gutted.

Edited by carlitobrigante

1 minute ago, carlitobrigante said:

Here we go, we might get 90 mins of Sanson tonight, its been horrible waiting to see what this chap can do..

He looks sharp, and can carry the ball forward well from tight spaces. God i hope he comes good, our midfield really needs it

edit - ffs just seen he has covid from match thread. I should have known. gutted.

Covid says no.

Â