Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

The whole staying fit thing is on the sports science team. Bailey and Sanson didn't have an injury to speak of before they came here.

........though he does need to stay fit. Be interesting what happens between now and end of January. If he doesn't get substantial minutes at least off the bench and a start or two I think he will be off on a loan back to France and we'll take stock in the summer.

It's been a disastrous 12 months.

He looks to have a real touch of class which would be a shame.

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

The whole staying fit thing is on the sports science team. Bailey and Sanson didn't have an injury to speak of before they came here.

........though he does need to stay fit. Be interesting what happens between now and end of January. If he doesn't get substantial minutes at least off the bench and a start or two I think he will be off on a loan back to France and we'll take stock in the summer.

Bailey did have one before he came here to be fair, he was injured when we signed him and missed part of the Gold Cup in the summer.

I think this guy is similar to Bailey in that he hasn’t had a career blighted by injury before signing for us. We, and then have been unlucky. 

Kid looks like a player. 

27 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Didn't Sanson have a serious knee injury before he joined us? I seem to remember it was mentioned when we signed him.

5 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Looks a very skilful player. But Nakamba was excellent again last night.

Nakamba is always going to look excellent when you only have 35% possession. We need to start aiming for 50-55% possession in games and one way we do that is by bringing in Luiz for Nakamba. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Nakamba is always going to look excellent when you only have 35% possession. We need to start aiming for 50-55% possession in games and one way we do that is by bringing in Luiz for Nakamba. 

We have been there before.  Luiz looks better higher the the pitch 

16 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

The way he plucked the ball out the air on the turn late on was an exceptional bit of skill. He's clearly a very, very talented footballer. Pray that he stays fit. 

Yes no denying it - that was totally and utterly top draw. He also played some great defence splitting passes.

Needs to stay fit and prove he can cope with the demands of the PL on a regular basis.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, villa89 said:

Didn't Sanson have a serious knee injury before he joined us? I seem to remember it was mentioned when we signed him.

No that was ages before he joined us.

He was only a few games back from injury when we signed him - but don't think it was long term thing. 

6 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

It’s like deja vu. Nakamba excellent against Leeds and Arsenal last season when we hardly have the ball. Gets taken off at half time against Sheffield United when can’t break them down.  He’ll play next 2 games then will probably be rotated against Norwich and Burnley.  He is currently doing his job well though. 

• Like 2

It comes back to square 1 again. Whichever way we look at it we need a Bissouma type of player. Strong in the tackle but can pass for fun. This then transforms the midfield. The one piece in the puzzle to allow all of our midfielders to do what they do best without being compromised . I would be over the moon with this , especially as next season you can add Iroegbunam into the mix . 

New / Nakamba      DM

Sanson / Ramsey / Luiz    Box 2 Box

McGinn / Carney     AM

23 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Nigel DeJong said the other night that Bailey was dogged with niggling injuries for his last 18 months at Bayer Leverkusen.

Â