Ross Barkley

LondonLax

11 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

With his injury CV they are having a scream at that price. 

Make it another 12 month loan when the current one finishes imo or reduce the asking price by 50%.

Again, all on the basis that this "£30m" ransom talk is true.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

not a completely unreasonable figure really, given his calibre. I'd be reluctant to pay it now but relative to other 30mil players that's ok. Would wait and see how many games he gets through first though

£30m for a fit Barkley isn’t bad value in today’s market. However he’s not fit and it would be a big risk at that price. 
Of course, that price has most likely just been plucked from thin air by someone who has no insider info. Chelsea don’t need him so I’d expect they’ll need to get him off their wage bill, I’m sure Villa could come to some sort of agreement. 

I’d have snapped their arm off for that a few games in, but now he’s just another one for the injury table. With his injury record I think we should probably pass as painful as it is because on his day he is absolutely class and fits into the team perfectly. 

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 3

Think £ 30 million is fine even if he's injured half the time. He is that good.

But for me the reported wages are the problem. £ 100 k p/w essentially means you're paying £200 k. And he's closing in on 28 years old.

I think I would like him signed tbh, but it's tricky.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

14 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Who the Eff is Frank Khalid?!?!?

An absolute pain in the gnads. He somehow kept popping up on my twitter feed even though I wasn't following him. Ended up blocking him for which I felt bad afterwards becasue it's not like he's a right wong loon or anything. I just couldn't read the b******t he was posting any longer.

13 hours ago, Spoony said:

I’d have snapped their arm off for that a few games in, but now he’s just another one for the injury table. With his injury record I think we should probably pass as painful as it is because on his day he is absolutely class and fits into the team perfectly. 

This. Far too much money for a guy with hamstrings made of plasticine - if we sign someone for that sort of bunce, they can't be injury prone. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Think £ 30 million is fine even if he's injured half the time. He is that good.

But for me the reported wages are the problem. £ 100 k p/w essentially means you're paying £200 k. And he's closing in on 28 years old.

I'm sure he knows that he will have to take a pay cut when he leaves Chelsea. We know Jack is our highest earner and is on 110K a week so Ross would probably get a similar contract to that. 4 year deal for a 28 year old at that price would probably be a good deal all round. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I'm sure he knows that he will have to take a pay cut when he leaves Chelsea. We know Jack is our highest earner and is on 110K a week so Ross would probably get a similar contract to that. 4 year deal for a 28 year old at that price would probably be a good deal all round. 

My point is that if you're consistently injured and not available half the season every season, you're essentially taking 220 k pw with a 110 k pw salary. In terms of playing time.

If I could work 50% of the time for my 100% position, I think most companies would frown a little. You'd have to compensate his disapperance with signing another body.

3 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

How does that work? 😂

If he's injured half the time, the effective cost doubles. Not quite how FFP works but I got the impression that's what is intended.  Either way, the point does remain that it's a lot of money for someone who seemingly gets injured a lot.

Â