Ross Barkley

LondonLax

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Not so much being benched (although I'd certainly leave him there if he isn't 100% fit as he claimed after Leicester) but he's not even being subbed in games so Hourihane can't get on and at least up the tempo as he has done in the past when he's come on as sub.

Strange that Hourihane is not even getting on the pitch. he played his part in the win at fulham and deserves better. 

• Like 1

Been critical of him last few weeks but he's been superb tonight so only right I praise that.

He's made for games like these against lax pressing teams like Arsenal who only play two centrally. Superb at darting between the lines and so we can overpower opposition midfields with him and Jack's movement.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Drifts in and out, but when he's in, he's right in.

I think we'll get more out of him the longer he's working here.

Perfect description.

He stinks of "Dean Smith football". Wreaks of it.

Looked like a £40m player tonight and against Liverpool, and looked like a £4m player against Leeds and Southampton. 

That consistency is something I think we'll grow to expect this season, and is the reason Chelsea have sent him out.

Fantastic tonight.

For me, Ross Barkley is the difference between this season's Villa team and last season's. 

We've swapped a goalie and right back but they haven't really made a huge difference. They're both good and I like them both but they're not the reason we're so good. Watkins scores goals and is an obvious improvement in his position but, for me, Barkley is the one. He's the one who links our attacking play so well and tonight just showed exactly that. Grealish is even better this season because of Barkley. 

I hope he stays fit and keeps us tonight's kind of performance. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

For me, Ross Barkley is the difference between this season's Villa team and last season's. 

We've swapped a goalie and right back but they haven't really made a huge difference. They're both good and I like them both but they're not the reason we're so good. Watkins scores goals and is an obvious improvement in his position but, for me, Barkley is the one. He's the one who links our attacking play so well and tonight just showed exactly that. Grealish is even better this season because of Barkley. 

I agree about Barkley, but not about Martinez. Think Martinez makes the team more solid and allows us to play the way we do.

As for Barkley, that was very impressive tonight. The build up for the first between him Jack and Targett was so good, just moving into a little bit of space, but then waiting for the perfect time to strike when more space came 

16 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

You can tell there's a bromance there. Just need to get Maddison too and then the complete set of bae's will be at Villa. Add Jonny boy and it's a right love in.

Â