Ross Barkley

LondonLax

I'm confident we will keep both Barkley and Luiz.

I understand people want to secure these two players and I myself would say they should be made priority, we do just have to wait and see what comes of it all though.

With Barkley it's a case of paying Chelsea what they want and we should pay it by all means because he has proved he fits in the system and we would be crazy to pass that up. Some may say that Chelsea could ask a crazy amount, well yeah that's a possibility but there fans seem to suggest he could go for 20 mill and they would think that's good business. Many chelsea fans would rather sell him to us so they then can go get the man they choose. The fact chelsea spent abit and need to recover some money after the massive spent may indeed go in our favour and maybe desperate to offload quickly to us. If Chelsea say pay 60 mill, I still think with how Ross has clicked with team mates and is a very dangerous man, we would be mad to move on from him.

The problem with loans, option to buys is when we take on there man and he becomes good with us, there club sees that and it will always cost us extra. At the same time though it offers us a get out of jail card like when we had DrinkWater and it failed miserably. If we had of paid up front and signed DW we would be still having that failure on our hands now and wondering how to sort a mess out. So yes when it comes down to it I would very much rather do business this way because we can always send failed loans back. Yet if they are a success like Barkley it is then we should without a doubt move heaven and earth to buy the player who fits our mould,we have to show intent and passion.

whatever the price is chelsea try make us paying we would be bonkers to let Barkley drift away from us.

3 hours ago, ender4 said:

I don’t think it was a loan fee of £10m.

It was around £10m in paying all of Barkley’s wages for a year.

Bit of both apparently.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/10/01/report-west-ham-couldnt-pay-11m-deal-for-ross-barkley-hes-now-joined-aston-villa/

It’s now claimed that West Ham wanted Barkley, but the Hammers were ‘unable’ to match the £11million deal Villa struck.

That figure comes from Barkley’s wages as well as the loan fee and agent fees involved in the deal, which West Ham just weren’t prepared to pay.

• Thanks 2

I’d want to see Barkley for the whole season before jumping the gun on signing him. He’s obviously quality when he’s got the bit between his teeth but he fell apart against Leeds and Soton. Albeit so did everyone else but we were warned about this with him.

If he can prove his consistency with an odd blip then I’m all for it. 

• Like 4

His contract ends in 2023 from what I have read so by next summer he has two years to go. If he understands he will be a starter here and that villa can offer that path to England again (a la Jack) hopefully he can force that move to happen. 

• Like 1

On 18/11/2020 at 22:55, Tomaszk said:

Good chance for him to be the key man on Saturday. Everyone else has about 250 mins in their legs.

Usually let's others lead the closing and harrying, but this could be the week for Roscoe.

I was thinking the same. He’ll have been champing at the bit watching the international games. Plus, he should be over those minor injuries he said was playing through. Would love to see Barkley grab this game by the scruff of the neck and really bring that chip-on-your-shoulder intensity he has in him on good days.

On 18/11/2020 at 22:55, Tomaszk said:

Good chance for him to be the key man on Saturday. Everyone else has about 250 mins in their legs.

Usually let's others lead the closing and harrying, but this could be the week for Roscoe.

You jinxed it! 🤣 Tomaszk out.

• Like 1

Of all the players on the pitch he's the last one I expected to get a bad injury considering he didn't have internationals. Perhaps this was the thing he was on about after Leicester game given he wasn't training into that one.

Think at this point in time we'll miss him more for the away games where there's more space to work with. Also gives easier tactics for opposition as they can just double up on Jack again.

Edited by VillaChris

Really fear for us without Barkey. He offered us something no substitute can replace. Without him we’re essentially relying on Grealish and we’ve found out before if you stop Grealish you subsequently stop Villa.

Hope he’s not out too long at all 🙏🏻 He’s a massive miss for us. 

• Like 1

Terrible blow for us.  I'm sure we would have won today with him. Lack of creativity without him was startling. 

Pray it will not be a lengthy one but its worrying when they go down like that with relatively nothing really going on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roonst83 said:

Really fear for us without Barkey. He offered us something no substitute can replace. Without him we’re essentially relying on Grealish and we’ve found out before if you stop Grealish you subsequently stop Villa.

Hope he’s not out too long at all 🙏🏻 He’s a massive miss for us. 

None of our subs can replace anything sadly. We have max 10 outfield premier league players and two good keepers.

It'll take time to get consistency I think because when players are tired there's not a huge amount we can do.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

None of our subs can replace anything sadly. We have max 10 outfield premier league players and two good keepers.

It'll take time to get consistency I think because when players are tired there's not a huge amount we can do.

Agree wholeheartedly 

Â