Ross Barkley

LondonLax

He looks so much better when he's not really expected to be part of the 3 man midfield. Having McGinn sitting deep with Luiz and giving Barkley some freedom to drive forward as a number 10 seems to work better for us.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, handsworthvilla said:

Would've been dropped for Nakamba this eve if it were up to a few on here 🤣 

The lad is absolutely quality, and finally having someone on the same wave length as Jack gives us so much more potential in each game

And you could also argue if Nakamba had played against Leeds and Saints we might have been sturdier because Barkley offered us very little in those games.

However he was back to his best tonight, can he do it consistently though against the teams we'd think we should beat i.e, Leeds, Brighton....

• Like 1

He's fantastic when we are in possesion and/or attacking and i know people are going to disagree but i really do think he could put more effort in to pressing and trying to break up the play further up the pitch as grealish/watkins and trez do. Not just agsinst arsenal, against leeds and southampton he let players past him numerous times when he could of pressed them or even stuck a foot in, it certainly looked like he could get to them but just didnt🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, neilski said:

He's fantastic when we are in possesion and/or attacking and i know people are going to disagree but i really do think he could put more effort in to pressing and trying to break up the play further up the pitch as grealish/watkins and trez do. Not just agsinst arsenal, against leeds and southampton he let players past him numerous times when he could of pressed them or even stuck a foot in, it certainly looked like he could get to them but just didnt🤷🏻‍♂️

He made a few tackles and interceptions. He also caused a lot of their misplaced passes by pressing them intelligently.

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

And you could also argue if Nakamba had played against Leeds and Saints we might have been sturdier because Barkley offered us very little in those games.

However he was back to his best tonight, can he do it consistently though against the teams we'd think we should beat i.e, Leeds, Brighton....

To be honest at about 70 mins I was thinking Nakamba should come on for Ross as I thought he was crocked! But then he was still bombing around lol

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, neilski said:

Exactly this.

He’s a big lad, but just doesn’t seem to get stuck in.  

He was superb today.  Against teams where the Opposition midfield isn’t harassing him, he can do this.

Hes the one player I don’t see press hard from the front.  Jack, Ollie, Trez, McGinn.. to a man are pressing hard whilst he sits off.  The press will not working unless every one does it.

The longer he spends in the team, the more he will pick this up, and I’m sure he will get fitter as a result.

Im very happy with him so far, but just needs that little bit more energy to push on to the next level.

3 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

He made a few tackles and interceptions. He also caused a lot of their misplaced passes by pressing them intelligently.

He won the ball back for the opening goal if I remember correctly? Snatched it in midfield then set Watkins off?

• Like 1

He trots around when we lose the ball and doesn’t press. It’s clear to see when he’s playing along side Trez and Watkins who are all action when we’re looking to win it back.

However when we’re breaking on a counter he comes alive and can look devastating. 

Let’s hope Dean can work on that first point with him. 

• Like 1

Just now, Chindie said:

First time volleyed perfect cross for a goal. **** off. **** off. Too good.

Boys a natural baller and no mistake.

Incredible bit of business getting him through the door. All the signings this summer have been good but this is the guy that’s made it all click.

Â