Ross Barkley

LondonLax

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Barkley added so much to our team. His runs occupied the defence so much, that Jack wasn’t over used. Meaning when Jack got the ball he was in so much space and could really hurt Liverpool.

Should’ve scored more as well. 

He was trying too hard to impress, I think he will settle in to being a very important player for us. I can only hope we have agreed a fee to buy him. 

Finally we have a player that allows Grealish to almost go unnoticed in games. When Barkley is on the ball defenders are forced to commit to him and it allows Grealish to ghost in down the side of them, it's going to cause a lot of problems this season.

The whole team setup was fantastic today but Barkley in the number 10 role both supported Watkins up front and the midfield behind him as well as unlocking the wings.

A really impressive debut and a 10 goal a season player added to the ranks. Absolutely brilliant stuff.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Even a five-year contract only really guarantees you’ll see them in the shirt another 12 months or so. Not worth worrying about now.

The only thing I worry about is how much they will demand for him after his stellar season with us lol.

• Like 1

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

The only thing I worry about is how much they will demand for him after his stellar season with us lol.

Hopefully he demands a transfer to us if we have a really good season. He won't stay there not with mount, havertz and ziyech but he could end up going to someone like arsenal or united and he would easily get in the arsenal team and he is just what united need someone who can dribble past people in the middle. 

10 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Watching barkley and grealish play together is a joy.

Finally we have two players who teams need to s*it themselves about.

3 if you add warkins to that......

5 if you add McGinn and Trezeguet.

Hourihane is a different player who is useful in different scenarios. Barkley gives us power in the middle of the park though. There were times when Fabinho and Van Dijk were bouncing off him. Impressive stuff. Here's hoping he can play like that in most games.

27 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Showed Hourihane up something rotten with that performance tonight. Did all the things Conor should have been doing but hasn't. 

Harsh IMO.

Barkley physically is a different animal to Hourihane.

• Like 2

Â