Ross Barkley

LondonLax

I last opened this thread on p72. Pretty much none of us saw it going off the rails like this. There has to be something else going on in his life/head as he's back to that old rotten form he was in for a few years. Pity.

42 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Others players need to be made accountable far more than him tonight. 

He was our highest paid player on the pitch vs bottom of the table team with 10 men and played like Ashley Westwood 

Not his fault we lost but a shameful performance 

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

He was our highest paid player on the pitch vs bottom of the table team with 10 men and played like Ashley Westwood 

Shameful performance by the whole team 

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He does this thing where he receives the ball on the edge of the box, and literally stops and doesn't know what to do with it. All were bad tonight though.

• Like 2

He doesn't seem to impose himself on a game at all. It just all happens around him. Every now and then he might get the ball but most of the time he does little with it. He's a number 10 not a midfielder and he's not good enough to justify playing him as a 10 because he doesn't score enough or create enough. 

Wrong choice playing him, he's no impact sub and slows the game down to a crawl when we needed quick direct play.

Either start him and play trez instead of traore or just don't play him full stop.

Traore albeit extremely greedy and ball hogging, has shots and is progressive where as barkley has been slow and totally ineffective since injury.

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m nitpicking but you know when you watch interviews and you think this player seems like a good guy, you can see how he would be a good influence around the team. I never really got that vibe from Barkley.

I wonder what sort of character he is around the dressing room.

I wonder that too, vibes are important. 

Alas, tonight against Sheff. Utd Barkley fails again. He seems clueless with the ball at his feet, ducks out of challenges and looks unfit.

He's done, get rid.

Just another 'nothing' cameo from him again! 

We ain't buying him from Chelsea at any price. Deano has seen enough. I'll be surprised and disappointed if he's in our plans

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m nitpicking but you know when you watch interviews and you think this player seems like a good guy, you can see how he would be a good influence around the team. I never really got that vibe from Barkley.

I wonder what sort of character he is around the dressing room. 

Agreed to be honest, added sub antics to it, and I think it goes a long way to explaining why he gets short shrift from alot of us.

Especially in a team where we pretty much like all the players as lads, even the ones who aren't so good on the pitch.

I wonder if it's had an effect behind the scenes myself.

5 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I thought he looked more lively and involved, probably should have started, but easy to say in hindsight.

What?

He was slow ponderous, wasted good positions. **** up a good ball from sanson that was probably our most incisive into the box. And he definitely should have done better after Konsa's shot. The ball was right next to him but he didn't even put a challenge in for it. He was 1 yard from the goal line ffs. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Don't think he did much, but I don't think he did anything wrong either.

I didn't think it was a bad cameo at all. Surprised to see the reaction in here.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 2

I've been a huge critic, but honestly I wouldn't pick this match to have a go at him.

He was no better/worse than the other other 13 players involved today.

Granted, by the time he came on there was no need for any defensive input at all, so his biggest weakness was not at all tested.

There have been plenty of games where he has deserved criticism, but we shouldn't have a go just for the sake of doing so.

We lost - an awful result.  But it was a collective issue.  I honestly struggle to pick out a particularly poor performance, it's just every player was down a notch.  Things like this happen. 

Edited by Thug
  • Like 3

Â