Ross Barkley

LondonLax

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What's wrong with him?

Either confidence is shot, he's not overly bothered, or he really just doesn't have it anymore?

All of the above I think 

Maybe his injury knocked him about more than we think, or he had corona, or he got a sniff that after his prolonged injury we are no longer interested in making the deal permanent 

Whatever it is he's finished here and at Chelsea, unless they con a newly promoted team in to taking him I don't know where he goes, could end up in Turkey with Drinkwater at this rate 

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What's wrong with him?

Either confidence is shot, he's not overly bothered, or he really just doesn't have it anymore?

A combination of the lot I think.

Today wasn’t on him, but if he can’t come on to add a spark in a poor game when he’s fresh, when will he ever?

Honestly hope we don’t have any intentions of keeping him past this season... for the 40 million fee that’s been quoted, we could get someone else like Goncalves from sporting who has impetus.. Barkley plays like he’s won a competition from the programme...  

He didn't have a chance today, needs the right opportunity, not when we're up against it like that.

Bring him on same next game against a poor team, if he doesn't make an impact then he either isn't match fit or his head is not in the right place.

No point jumping down his throat in this game.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Thug said:

Failed experiment, was worth a go

Agree, I also think that he's shown that we do need someone of his ilk in that position, someone to play off Jack to use the space that Jack creates, to play closer to Ollie, the idea of Barkley is a good one 

If jack stays out on the left then we need someone who plays like Barkley

We just need someone of better more consistent quality, a £30m+ proven quality player from a CL team as our star signing of the summer, proper exciting known signing 

• Like 1

All attacking options were awful today, it's no surprise he wasn't that good. Everyone looks better around Grealish.

With the 3 CMs we had in today the wide players/fullbacks need to get forward and 50% of that was Trez and Elmo, who are absolutely woeful footballers. Im all for saying he's not doing well, but the team is struggling just as much as he is right now. 

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

He didn't have a chance today, needs the right opportunity, not when we're up against it like that.

Bring him on same next game against a poor team, if he doesn't make an impact then he either isn't match fit or his head is not in the right place.

No point jumping down his throat in this game.

Mate it's when we are " up against it ", he is supposed to be able to switch the balance by doing what he is renowned for.

Grabbing the ball, driving forward and unsettling the other team.

I see no evidence of him threatening to do anything of the sort these days.

• Like 1

It was daft bringing him on when we did. Wolves were growing into the game and dominating and Barkley was the absolute last person that would change that. 

Ramsey should have come on for him instead. 

He’s very lucky he hasn’t cost us the game tonight. That was an absolutely ridiculous pass he tried in our own box. Wolves could, and should have scored. 

I see no role for him here. In fact, I’d argue he’s now 6th choice in there behind Luiz, McGinn, Sanson, Nakamba and Ramsey. 

Like others have said, we won’t be signing him and I don’t really want to see any more of him this season. 

I thought he showed some interest for the first 3 minutes or so, then it went downhill.  Having to change studs and delaying coming on was weird as well.  If Martinez hadn't made that save I reckon this thread would have been a Chernobyl-scale meltdown.

Here's a thought.... now I'm not a fan, but I wonder if with two or three better forward players around him he'd be a better player.

There'd be less onus on him to deliver, he'd just be a cog in the machine.

So, if we were to sign a few in the summer a notch or three above El Ghazi would we then see a better Barkley?

6 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Here's a thought.... now I'm not a fan, but I wonder if with two or three better forward players around him he'd be a better player.

There'd be less onus on him to deliver, he'd just be a cog in the machine.

So, if we were to sign a few in the summer a notch or three above El Ghazi would we then see a better Barkley?

I hate this logic to be honest. Does Ollie Watkins need X Y Z beside him to run his bollocks off, have superb application and bring his A game more often than not ? Barkley been useless is all on him, nothing to do with who's around him. 

On 24/09/2020 at 08:08, Delphinho123 said:

There’s obviously legs in this. There was also that really random tweet a while back from that twitter account that never posted about football and certainly not about transfers - ‘Barkley will sign for Aston Villa’. 

It reminded me a bit of that tweet from that young lad who nailed all the transfers last year and then swiftly took down the post as it was Dean Smiths sons mate. 

Id love this to happen. He’s class on the ball and can run at defences whilst picking out a pass. He’d instantly become our best player behind Grealish and we’d be better on the ball in the middle of the park. It’s a monumental upgrade on Hourihane if Jack is to continue playing on the left. 

Get it done! 

The game is cruel eh 🤦‍♂️😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Use the money we would have wasted on him to buy tammy instead. 

I'd still like Wakins as our striker. It's wide left we have to be scouting for now. We have to work on the assumption Grealish will be off, even if he might not be.

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

The game is cruel eh 🤦‍♂️😂

Ha, someone else picked me up on this the other day. I’ll put my hands up and admit I got it wrong. I genuinely thought he’d be a massive improvement and early on, the signs were there that he might. 

But let’s be honest, it’s been a dismal loan spell and I’m struggling to see where he as a player goes from here. He just looks lost and tired when he’s playing. 

Â