Ross Barkley

LondonLax

6 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I didn't think it was a bad cameo at all. Surprised to see the reaction in here.

He did look a bit more energetic, not much he could do with that yesterday, and I'm one of his harshest critics.

As you know, sometimes when the fanbase has an opinion in their head, it's an open and shut case regardless of what happens. Lol

Especially given the circumstances, if the overall result and performance was different, he'd probably get a pass.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Don't think he did much, but I don't think he did anything wrong either.

I think a No. 10 can be allowed get things wrong, Jack, De Bruyne dont get everything right but they still attempt them. 

Last night from Barkley was no dribbles, forward passing or even long shots. Was conservative safe play, if was Conor in that position he would be trying to work the keeper at least 

• Like 2

I am not a believer in a number 10 in modern football.

I believe you need 3 hard working midfielders. To dominate games you have to dominate the midfield and to dominate the midfield you need runners.

Edited by villalad21

He played very safe last night, I think it was clear he was conscious about losing the ball.

His main ability that we are supposed to benefit from is his ability to turn and run and he did it very rarely.

He wasn’t poor like the other games he was just ineffective.

Lacked the bollocks to make a difference, that’s what he is supposed to do. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I didn't think it was a bad cameo at all. Surprised to see the reaction in here.

Not surprised at all. People are going to blame Barkley because its Barkley. 

Not really sure about the criticism being aimed at him for this game.

He should really have come on at half time as it was clear we didn't have enough creativity in the side to break down Sheffield United who were happy to sit back after the goal.

Again he should have come on as soon as Jagielka was sent off to give him a full 30 minutes to change the game; we waited for 10 minutes and it was only when the substitutes were up to the speed of the game by the end that we started peppering their goal. Another 10 minutes and we would likely have scored.

It was always going to be tough for him in that number 10 role when Sheffield United were trying to hold on to a win with all their men behind the ball. Nothing to see here, we move on.

• Like 2

Â