Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

12 hours ago, est1874 said:

Have to echo this - if it's been confirmed that this long-term injury is, I can't recall it? 

Anyone got any info as to why he's been out for such a long time?

He picked something up playing for Burkina Faso in October just when he got fit. I think DS actually said in one of his last press conferences he wasn't going to be back anytime soon.

On 02/12/2021 at 08:07, mole86 said:

Think Gerrard’s system would really suit him, the onus isn’t on our wide players to track the full back as much as it was under Smith

Spot on, his biggest critic has been his lack of cover and stupid crossfield balls from deep, the higher up the field Bertie is the better, roll on the Bertie revolution

16 hours ago, villaglint said:

One of the great mysteries of the Deano era was how he was allowed to do those types of passes again and again. 

I genuinely can't wait to see Gerrards reaction the first time he does one. 

Gerrard was famous enough for dodgy back passes in his career. At least Bertie does it with style 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

The position behind the striker we now have two of, where previously we had none, will suit him so so well.

Buendia and Bert will torment some poor bastards once they get into the same team.

Crazy that we also have Bailey and Ings waiting in the wings (#barz).

11 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

The forgotten man at the minute for me, some of his goals last season were great. Be interesting to see how he features when he’s back 

Straight back into the 11 and will take a lot of pressure literally and figuratively away from Buendia.

57 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Straight back into the 11 and will take a lot of pressure literally and figuratively away from Buendia.

The cliche " Like a new signing " couldn't be truer.

When you realise some of the players we have out injured, our squad looks very interesting.

If we can get both him and Bailey fit, firing and stronger, with improved work ethic, sky is the limit IMO.

Traore can be a real gamechanger.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

back in training apparently then straight to afcon.  He'll get injured again as he's only just returned.  then we'll sell in Jan.  I like him but if he goes to Afcon after only just returning to fitness I'd get rid.

he might have a great tournament and come back match fit and be one of our best players second half of the season.

he might have an ok tournament and come back to us ready for action in the second half of the season. 

he might be a blancmange.

Only in the third case would I think we should get rid.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, romavillan said:

he might have a great tournament and come back match fit and be one of our best players second half of the season.

he might have an ok tournament and come back to us ready for action in the second half of the season. 

he might be a blancmange.

Only in the third case would I think we should get rid.

I think using the afcon to get him match fit for us through competitive games is not a bad solution

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think using the afcon to get him match fit for us through competitive games is not a bad solution

I doubt Burkina Faso will go far either so 3/4 games be great all around 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tezzaleed said:

back in training apparently then straight to afcon.  He'll get injured again as he's only just returned.  then we'll sell in Jan.  I like him but if he goes to Afcon after only just returning to fitness I'd get rid.

I thought Quaaludes were banned these days?

• Like 1

Â