Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

He’s a very good player and at this rate he should be starting instead of Buendia. I’m not saying he’s better but he adapted very well last season. We need more creativity through out the team. Replacing him with a better player isn’t easy. I think even at the highest levels he’s a good squad player to have. His technique is unique and one of the best in the league, it’s his all round game and decision making whats making him down.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, samjp26 said:

Maybe actually try watching him then. He works a lot harder than given credit for, yes he is an attacker (a good one at that!) but he does track back and he does press the right opposition.

For those writing him off or thinking he “won’t be a Gerrard player”, please watch this video and tell me who else we have that has this ability:

We have Bertrand Traore and Leon Bailey competing for our right wing spot (and even Buendia). That’s the type of problem every manager wants to have.

I saw football ‘outsider’ said we want to get rid of him as he has been a failure yet they then said he has a goal contribution once every three games….. oh my, such a failure!

that isn’t even factoring in that he doesn’t play from kick off to final whistle so per 90 it’s higher.

that isn’t a player you sell when you have AEG and Trez still at the club.

• Like 2

I love him. I see no reason he cant improve on the player he was for us last season. 

The idea that Gerrard is

A.) making up his mind about a player based off a couple of training sessions and one game in which he did not play
B.) worrying out outgoings in January vs incomings

is ridiculous.

The time to invent this kind of story is a few weeks in, not now :) The rags need to hold their fire a while.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AshVilla said:

I can't see him ever pressing the ball high up the pitch.

Always seen him as a luxury player.

He does about 3x more in pressing and defensively than Bailey does. So we need to write Bailey off too for sure.

• Like 2

I would say if we got rid of him it would be because of his injury record rather than ability.  He's very rarely available for selection it seems.  His career with us has been so stop/start.

But I don't see us getting any kind of profit for him, his wages will be high I would think.  Selling makes no sense to me unless something is in the background we are just not privy to.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I would say if we got rid of him it would be because of his injury record rather than ability.  He's very rarely available for selection it seems.  His career with us has been so stop/start.

But I don't see us getting any kind of profit for him, his wages will be high I would think.  Selling makes no sense to me unless something is in the background we are just not privy to.

He has only missed 8 games since he joined. All this season 

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

He has only missed 8 games since he joined. All this season 

You sure?

He seemed to to injured a lot last season?  I seem to recall he played in the cups early  then wasn't around for league games.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

You sure?

He seemed to to injured a lot last season?  I seem to recall he played in the cups early  then wasn't around for league games.

He missed 2 last season then a few sub appearances then played every game from there on, and was second in the goal and assist charts here

• Like 1

Â