Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

35 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I'd say give him games and judge him under Gerrard in hopefully a better system and with what turn out to be better players on the whole over last season

I'd say overall his first season was poor. He hasn't been terrible.

14 league G + A not a bad return though.

Should have not been on the pitch after 55 minutes. The lack of anything good was on him, the fact he was still on the pitch is on Gerrard.

Hopefully he can be trained into passing the ball to another villa player when we are on a fast break rather than

A. carry the ball into a cluster of defenders and lose the ball

B. Carry the ball into a cluster of defenders be forced outside, fall over and give the opposition the ball

C. Carry the ball, watch cash run past on the overlap, refuse to pass it and then lose the ball

D. Carry the ball and then hit a blind pass straight to the opposition 

Which seems 99% of his out put with the odd flicks or nutmeg in the middle of the park that comes to nothing.

• Like 1

Amongst the fans, he’s the most overrated player in our squad. Capable of the sublime, yes, but also miserably woeful most of the time. 

At least with the likes of Trezeguet and El Ghazi, people know they’re not good enough. 

• Like 2

Last season's performances of goals and assists prove Traore can be a quality player....

He's been unfit most of this season so difficult to judge him, hopefully a few games at the African Cup of Nations will in turn help us.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Amongst the fans, he’s the most overrated player in our squad. Capable of the sublime, yes, but also miserably woeful most of the time. 

At least with the likes of Trezeguet and El Ghazi, people know they’re not good enough. 

Really? I'd say quite a few more people rate him than think he's not good enough. I think he frustrates the hell out of everyone though.  But he makes things happen and some of the goals he scored last season were absolutely sublime.

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

Criticised after making only one other start since May. We have our new scapegoat

He’s been crap for ages. But yeh, let’s go with the scapegoat line because that’s so easy to roll out. 

He’s already been replaced last summer, it’s just unfortunate Bailey is injured. Hopefully we’ll sign another attacking player soon and this charade that Traore is this wonderful player will end.

90 minutes of crap that includes a fancy flick here or there and people think he’s amazing. The mind boggles. Slow, weak, painfully one footed, no aggression, no physicality. He’ll be gone soon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s been crap for ages. But yeh, let’s go with the scapegoat line because that’s so easy to roll out. 

He’s already been replaced last summer, it’s just unfortunate Bailey is injured. Hopefully we’ll sign another attacking player soon and this charade that Traore is this wonderful player will end.

90 minutes of crap that includes a fancy flick here or there and people think he’s amazing. The mind boggles. Slow, weak, painfully one footed, no aggression, no physicality. He’ll be gone soon.

I wouldn’t say he has been crap, but he definitely hasn’t been as good as he’s made out to be on here. On his day he is unbelievable, but those days come once every 7 or 8 games, and he looks average the rest of the time.

We are cursed with a number of inconsistent wide players with Traore, El Ghazi and Trezeguet (who is crap), and you just can’t afford to carry that many players if you’re aiming for the top half of the league.

• Like 2

He has a lot of attacking talent and is valuable member of the squad. I see Trez and AEG as inferior in overall contribution than Bert.

One thing that did annoy me about yesterday was the fact he kept staying wide and Cash underlapped a few times but Bert would then carry the ball in from wide. This led to most of our attacks coming down the left where they ended up breaking down because of Targett. Bert will learn more the longer he's fit about how to play more centrally. 

• Like 1

I don't really understand the frustration. 

Last season he scored or assisted one in every three games.

He was lethal for Lyon on the right side and is for me, our best option there by a mile currently. 

• Like 1

If grit and aggression is what Gerrard is after, I can't see him taking to Traore at all.
Most people know I'm not a fan, but ability aside, the one thing I think he lacks is that tenacious, aggressive side to his game. He's more of a drifter and I'll give it to him, can be very elegant at times.

As others have said, regardless of your opinion on him, I can't see Gerrard fancying him at all. 

5 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

If grit and aggression is what Gerrard is after, I can't see him taking to Traore at all.
Most people know I'm not a fan, but ability aside, the one thing I think he lacks is that tenacious, aggressive side to his game. He's more of a drifter and I'll give it to him, can be very elegant at times.

As others have said, regardless of your opinion on him, I can't see Gerrard fancying him at all. 

Traores main problem is his low footballing Iq. 

Constantly making the wrong decisions during key moments. 

Mentality wise you're right. He is weak. Be happy to move him on in the summer along with Trezeguet and El Ghazi 

Edited by villalad21
  • Haha 1

Â