Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Traores main problem is his low footballing Iq. 

Constantly making the wrong decisions during key moments. 

Mentality wise you're right. He is weak. Be happy to move him on in the summer along with Trezeguet and El Ghazi 

The daily dig at Bert , feel better now?

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

The daily dig at Bert , feel better now?

Ermm. I feel kind of dirty but I agree about the wrong decision making at key moments. 

17 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Ermm. I feel kind of dirty but I agree about the wrong decision making at key moments. 

He does it quite often. He gets into good positions quite often but the amount of times it comes to nothing is frustrating. 

He’s very elegant, no doubt, but he’s so poor in some games and does he have that aggression/intensity Gerrard wants? 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

He does it quite often. He gets into good positions quite often but the amount of times it comes to nothing is frustrating. 

He’s very elegant, no doubt, but he’s so poor in some games and does he have that aggression/intensity Gerrard wants? 

if he has the aggression and intensity, will he have it often enough?

8 hours ago, A'Villan said:

I don't really understand the frustration. 

Last season he scored or assisted one in every three games.

He was lethal for Lyon on the right side and is for me, our best option there by a mile currently. 

I think the frustration is how high the highs are, but its so inconsistent.

He is Messi and sunday league player at the same time.

If he had proper decisionmaking he would be world class in my opinion

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MentalM said:

Nah, nowhere near quick enough or strong enough on the ball to be world class. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MentalM said:

I'm not saying a stretch of games in the starting line-up with full fitness will guarantee he shows how good a player he is, because it might not.

However I think for a player to come in and average a goal or assist in one third of the fixtures he's featured in over the entire season, then he's done well given how long he'd been away from the league, and how new the setup of the team he was joining.

I understand he underwhelmed some games, but us fans are a demanding bunch. He was one in three for either a goal or assist by seasons end remember. Imagine if he builds on that this season. 

We will have at least one player in double digits for both goals and assists. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

I don't get the misery and utter negativity all the time about our players.

Traore maybe frustrating and be too random and maverick in his genius, I agree he can be poor at times genius at others.

But his goals and moments of genius last season genuinely made it a pleasure to watch Villa, it was almost like we had someone who could conjure something out of nothing who wasn't a cheeky little billy big boll*cks. 

I hoped like everyone he would push on and get more games this season as he did have a few injuries last.

But he's made one start so far due to injury, so lacking match sharpness and I doubt he's even trained that much under Gerrard and he looked incredibly rusty as you would expect.

But that seems to then trigger hundreds of posters to pile in how crap he is.

Most Villa fans are only happy if a player is scoring goals or assisting goals every week and if a player's name is El Ghazi then even that is not enough for the snark and hate, there is no nuance, just sneering, nose thumbing, impatience and weird expectations.

If you weren't a Villa fan and came to this forum cold, you'd honestly think all Villa fans thing 90% of their squad are utter sh*te.

Yes. Thank you.

It's like the constant slights on Grealish for a lack of goals or assists. The man is magic with the ball at his feet. Anyone watching the game with an appreciation for the skill and talent on display can see.

Not everything that can be counted, counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. 

• Like 3

I suspect he’s close to be being done at Villa. Gerrard wants consistency of performance and that’s highly unlikely with Bert. If he does go I have to admit that I will miss his ability to undertake moments of utter filth. Dirty Bertie will always live fondly in my memory whatever happens.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I suspect he’s close to be being done at Villa. Gerrard wants consistency of performance and that’s highly unlikely with Bert. If he does go I have to admit that I will miss his ability to undertake moments of utter filth. Dirty Bertie will always live fondly in my memory whatever happens.

Don't know about him being near done but agree about the rest

If he was consistent then he would have stayed at Chelsea or Ajax or Lyon, he's at a transitioning villa for a reason and for me trez and AEG go out the door before this guy does, he's put a smile on my face as much as any villa player recently for good and bad reasons, scored at least 3 great "did he mean that?" goals and for all his faults I like him and want him to get better and find that consistency, there's a great player in there that's for sure

Never quite seen anyone like him 1st touch messi 2nd touch messy

• Like 2

With Grealish being one side Traore (and whoeverelse) were seldomly used during games in comparison, and so when they were they utilised their inconsistency was indulged. Some good things, some poor things. However, we now need all players - especiqally those in the attacking areas to take it upon themselves to imprint themselves into the team's identity and to win games for us. Whether Traore is good enough to do that we'll find out in the second part of the season. If not, he could find himself replaced in the summer.

To be clear I have not written off Traore, he is just very frustrating to watch with his decisionmaking and inconsistency. (also delightful when he is on fire, like the WBA goal). He produced 7 goals and 7 assist last season which I would say is pretty good!

11 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

Traore maybe frustrating and be too random and maverick in his genius, I agree he can be poor at times genius at others.

But his goals and moments of genius last season genuinely made it a pleasure to watch Villa, it was almost like we had someone who could conjure something out of nothing who wasn't a cheeky little billy big boll*cks. 

I hoped like everyone he would push on and get more games this season as he did have a few injuries last.

But he's made one start so far due to injury, so lacking match sharpness and I doubt he's even trained that much under Gerrard and he looked incredibly rusty as you would expect.

Most Villa fans are only happy if a player is scoring goals or assisting goals every week and if a player's name is El Ghazi then even that is not enough for the snark and hate, there is no nuance, just sneering, nose thumbing, impatience and weird expectations.

If you weren't a Villa fan and came to this forum cold, you'd honestly think all Villa fans thing 90% of their squad are utter sh*te.

In fairness last summer people believed too much what the mighty Lyon fans thought and are still looking to be proved right 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, M_Afro said:

If he was done why would Gerrard start him almost first opportunity he had to? Just to see him fail and prove his crapness? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

If you weren't a Villa fan and came to this forum cold, you'd honestly think all Villa fans think 90% of their squad are utter sh*te.

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886fgvgmaj7w4q7bjeb5v

• Like 1

I like Bertie, but the main criticism I have of him is that (like all humans) he is prone to making a mistake or two due to poor decision-making

He is also guilty of slowing…. play… down… considerably… when… we… are… breaking… on… a… counter… attack… (which he did more than once against Brentford which was bloody infuriating)

However, he does have it in him to have a moment of jaw dropping skill in him which, when done, causes everyone to forget how crap he was for the majority of the game…

A real wildcard…

The question is… are we as a club in the position to cater to such a player at this moment in our transition from relegation fodder to contenders for upper mid-table/European places?

Probably not… but then again, when he scores goals like the one against West Brom? It’s pretty special…

Edited by DJ_Villain
Botched grammar

Â