Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

Yes hes convinced me now that he can play a part in our future. Just needs to show more consistency but it helps when we play football like we did at everton. Instead of hoofing it 

36 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

you cant tell me this guy hasnt got some skill!, with Grealish back and top class number 10 next season, the three would be sexy to watch.

Absolute joy to watch

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Mings, Luiz, Konsa, AEG

Ming's is in his 3rd season with us - and it's arguably his worst.

AEG - is in his 3rd season with us.

Luiz - I don't think has improved this season. To be honest I thought he was better last season.

Konsa - yes - but even that I would qualify is a young player maturing.

Your original statement was that this season (2020/21) you had seen many villa  players improve where it was there second season. Doesn't look a very solid argument to me.

In addition Traroe has played in the prem before - he's quite an experienced player - not a rookie cutting his teeth. He's worth his place in the squad - I'm not expecting a massive uplift from him next season though.

47 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Traore really annoys me. His right foot isn't even that bad but he refuses to use it. If he could more consistently use it he would be a class player. 

That's the difference though. Lots of players can do it now and then. The difference and what you pay for is those that can do it week in week out.

13 minutes ago, hippo said:

That's the difference though. Lots of players can do it now and then. The difference and what you pay for is those that can do it week in week out.

the only wingers that do it week in week out are the world class elite wingers of the world

Slightly off topic but I find it so weird when posters state individual defenders haven't improved but our defense went from 2nd worst in the PL to Top 5. 

Same goes for our attack. We are one goal better off than last season with 5 to play. Our players have gotten better or we would be in a relegation scrap right now. 

• Like 3

Just now, Rightdm00 said:

Slightly off topic but I find it so weird when posters state individual defenders haven't improved but our defense went from 2nd worst in the PL to Top 5. 

Same goes for our attack. We are one goal better off than last season with 5 to play. Our players have gotten better or we would be in a relegation scrap right now. 

Martinez effect maybe ?

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

the only wingers that do it week in week out are the world class elite wingers of the world

Agreed. That said I still think we need improvement out wide - we are way to inconsistent in that area 

1 hour ago, Rightdm00 said:

Yes even Mings who has made the odd error has had a better season. 

18 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

And your opinion is invalidated.

Imagine saying the cb leading a top 3 defence is having a worse season than playing in the championship or in the worst defence in the prem. 

The original point was that many villa players improve in there second season. Ming's was cited as such a player. Just pointing out he is in his 3rd season with us.

22 minutes ago, hippo said:

The original point was that many villa players improve in there second season. Ming's was cited as such a player. Just pointing out he is in his 3rd season with us.

Didn't the original point say players signed that first window back in the prem?

Mings and AEG were both signed then. They were loan players before.

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Didn't the original point say players signed that first window back in the prem?

Mings and AEG were both signed then. They were loan players before.

Signed last year but improved this season - Ergo Traroe  will improve next season.

1 hour ago, hippo said:

It literally said which players who were signed last summer had improved this season. I think our record signing from last summer certainly counts. 

10 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

It literally said which players who were signed last summer had improved this season. I think our record signing from last summer certainly counts. 

If that's what he meant I stand corrected.

My understanding was that he was implying that a whole clutch of players had improved in their 2nd season with us. His subsequent replies appear to back this up.

9 hours ago, MentalM said:

With all the improvements from the signings last year this season, I will not write anyone off before they had a second season :) 

Here's the quote.

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Here's the quote.

My meaning was that many of the players we signed before last season has improved THIS season.

Targett, Konsa, Luiz, Nakamba, Trezeguet

Heaton, Wesley and Engels hard to say anything about with all the injuries. 

I am not including the players that were signed after being on loan (El Ghazi and Mings). 

The abovementioned things lead to my comment that I believe Traore can be much better if we give him another season :D 

4 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

And your opinion is invalidated.

Imagine saying the cb leading a top 3 defence is having a worse season than playing in the championship or in the worst defence in the prem. 

Not to mentioned becoming a national side regular

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Â