Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

2 hours ago, MentalM said:

With all the improvements from the signings last year this season, I will not write anyone off before they had a second season :) 

Who of last year's signings has improved? 

Engles, Nakamba, Trez, Wesley, ???

The only 1 I can think of is Target. 

1 hour ago, KangarooVillan said:

I’m not saying we shouldn’t get a new RW in the off-season, but wingers do tend to be the position most prone to inconsistency. Often when I compare Bert’s stats to someone else in the prem he measure up pretty well.

Out of interest, who would you swap Bert for that doesn’t belong to the current top 4 teams or Liverpool?

Not many, Dwight McNeil has 2 goals this season only 2 ! and is probably going to be £50m in the summer,  in terms of value for money and pure entertainment for this was a smart transfer , if I HAD to Id swap him St Maximin possibly  but he can be just as frustrating 

32 minutes ago, hippo said:

Bit harsh to put Wesley in that pile. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Bit harsh to put Wesley in that pile. 

Agreed - but I'm struggling to think of a player who fits the stated criteria of improving on last season and is currently in his 2nd season. Target appears to be the only one.

3 minutes ago, Derryvillan said:

Konsa?

Yes but he isn't in is second season with us is he ? - I thought he was signed before that. Although I am doubting myself now !!!

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Agreed - but I'm struggling to think of a player who fits the stated criteria of improving on last season and is currently in his 2nd season. Target appears to be the only one.

Konsa?

I think you're looking at it the wrong way tbf. Of the signings we made that summer, the only ones who didn't get at least a bit better have been moved on, with the exception of Engels. Heaton and Wesley are excluded because of their injuries.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

Targett, Konsa, Luiz (more consistant this season imo, fewer of the horrendous decisions), Nakamba (when he has played), Trezeguet (his improvement startet after Covid break last season thou)

Engels, Heaton and Wesley hard to judge.

Edited by MentalM

Our strongest team when everyone is fit only contains 4 of last summers signings.  So many players were signed last summer to build a squad it was impossible for all of them to be a success. 

Traore has done more than enough to show he  is good enough and can improve in my opinion but if he doesn’t he would still be a very good squad player. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, hippo said:

Konsa, Target , Luiz improved after lockdown last season yes but this season he’s cut out the errors that constantly led to the opposition scoring 

35 minutes ago, MentalM said:

Targett, Konsa, Luiz (more consistant this season imo, fewer of the horrendous decisions), Nakamba (when he has played), Trezeguet (his improvement startet after Covid break last season thou)

Engels, Heaton and Wesley hard to judge.

I thought Luiz was better last season to be honest.

Nakamba has hardly been selected - Trez likewise.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MaVilla said:

so 5 goals and 5 assists in 31 games, so a goal or assist contribution every 3 games, not too bad for his first season.

He does have some slick skills though, when he's on his game he's something special, hopefully he can be a little more consistent next season.

I think he's definitely worth a spot in the squad, a very talented player when he's in the mood, personally i would buy another RW, and have the new RW and Traore in competition for the spot.

In terms of minutes, it's more like one in two.

Â