Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

Thing is, we know he's capable of better, because we've seen it this season, but that was pretty poor. Not without anything good, but overall not a good day at the office. Need him to step up while Jack is out, and he's not quite rising to meet the situation.

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Why cabt we sign a winger thats a **** consistent?

Aeg

Trez 

Traore

All cannot get more than 2-3 games playing well 

He was so bad today really awful

You're wrong. They are consistent. 

Consistently shit.

Can play really shit and is still the 2nd most likely player in our team to pop up with a moment of brilliance.

Until all these allegedly dreadful mistakes he makes actually result in us conceding I couldn't give a shit.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Worst game so far. 

Unfortunately this seems like a constant theme ever since his performance against Palace. 

I'm not sure how to describe his performance for the last few months, he just seems to "**** about" on the pitch. Can't trap the ball, can't really run with it either. His lazy volley sideway pass end of first half sums it up nicely of his recent performance.

37 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

What's incredible is he's played like that for two seasons. And we went and gave Lyon nearly £20m.

Absolutely unbelievable.

This.

For all the good the owners and the management team have done in the past few years, the decision to sign this guy beggars belief. Especially for the amount we paid. 

I get it’s hard to get your first choice targets through the door. I get players you want to sign go elsewhere and sometimes you have to fall back on perhaps players that you take a gamble on. I get all that. It’s not easy. 

But somewhere, someone has decided, after a torrid 12-18 months at Lyon, where he wasn’t rated at all by anyone, that this guy was going to improve us in the wide areas. Why? How? Decisions like this really undermine my confidence in the current regime to really break into that top 6-8 and get back to where we want to be. 

All the alarm bells were sounding when we were signing him. Nobody on here really wanted him and we were all worried about certain aspects of his game that wouldn’t suit his division. There are people paid millions of pounds to make these transfer decisions and I just don’t get how this one came to fruition. He just isn’t what we needed and he never is going to be. 

I went into the last transfer window praying we’d bring in a good winger as we were crying out for one after a shocking season from both Trez and AEG. It was our no. 1 position to fill and we ended up with this guy. Honestly, I just do not get it. 

Oh, and today, like AEG did away at Saints last year, I’m convinced he faked an injury to stop playing. 

18 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Can play really shit and is still the 2nd most likely player in our team to pop up with a moment of brilliance.

Until all these allegedly dreadful mistakes he makes actually result in us conceding I couldn't give a shit.

Yeah if you're playing the percentages it probably is worth picking him, especially without Jack as a creative force.  As the defence is generally tight enough it can mean it's worth putting up with the frustrating stuff as he does create things from nowhere almost every game.  Today he played like an absolute drain though.

28 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Why cabt we sign a winger thats a **** consistent?

Aeg

Trez 

Traore

All cannot get more than 2-3 games playing well 

He was so bad today really awful

Because it would take a lot of money to get a winger like that. Think how much Jack Grealish would sell for last season and even then, he wasn't consistent either.

This is from a comment I've read from someone so Its may be that its completely bullshit but I think it kind of makes sense.

Supposedly, the quote "goals win games, defences win championships" came from Alex Ferguson but regardless if it did indeed or not, its certainly the case that Ferguson built his teams from the back. He relied on his back 4 to be consistent whereas he didn't have the same expectation for his attackers. But they didn't have to be, as long as one or two of them happened to be on fire that game, then they have a good chance of winning the match. Basically, you don't need attackers or wingers to be totally consistent from game to game, they just have to be consistent enough so that at least one of them happens to have a good game every game.

Of course Ferguson had a lot better players than Villa or many other teams do, but the fact that consistency for attackers isn't ever present even for the players that he managed, its more likely going to be true for the players of clubs like us.

Â