Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

6 hours ago, villalad21 said:

This guy really has turned out exactly the way the Lyon fans were describing him.

We'll see what he can do next season but so far terrible signing

And for ppl who didn't follow this thread in the summer, what "the Lyon fans" thought of him - after scouring through several French forums - gave quite a nuanced picture. There was love and support for him, some were critical, the vast majority neutral and describing him in terms of him being a great talent who of different reasons didn't fulfill or show it on constant basis.

He has been one of our most productive players this season. If he would perform in the way some here seems to expect of him he would have cost us £60M not £16M.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We can all see what a talent he is, and we all want more from him. He has improved during the season and has then like the whole team declined in the last few months. I think with Jack and an in form Barkley on the pitch we would have seen more also from him.

I said in the summer that I would rather we paid the double for Benrahma. So far the jury is still out. Traoré has better stats, Benrahma doesn't seem to be first choice. I've been back and forth during the season but at the moment I'm leaning more towards the double for Benrahma. Traoré has a higher ceiling and does things others can't, but is so far not consistent enough. Benrahma has a higher lowest level, would contribute more to keeping the ball and to our general play, getting more possession. At the same time, I understand that the club wouldn't shell out £30M on Benrahma.

Hopefully we bring in a couple of really quality players in the summer and I think Traoré will shine.

A few moments of brilliance but mostly Meh , mentality he’s more fragile than a butterflies wings , a better squad filler than El G or Trez , but  if we are serious about challenging  for an ESL place in a few years then we need to upgrade 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

Strikes me as a player who shines with other creative, technical players around him. Given we've been quite static and turgid without Jack, he's found it hard to shine, but when I think back to that December period when we were really playing well, Bert looked great flourishing in a confident attacking side. I think he's been decent for the price, and certainly better than Lyon fans would've had us believe.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wict01 said:

Strikes me as a player who shines with other creative, technical players around him. Given we've been quite static and turgid without Jack, he's found it hard to shine, but when I think back to that December period when we were really playing well, Bert looked great flourishing in a confident attacking side. I think he's been decent for the price, and certainly better than Lyon fans would've had us believe.

Exactly playing hoof ball and lack of movement from others hinders him, if he was playing against us for that city team the other night we would be having a different conversation 

• Like 1

He seems to play in spells to me, within a single game.

He'll often be really involved in the first 5 minutes, then you will rarely see him for the next 15, then he'll have another clever 5 mins, the nothing to half time.  

I think he's a small part of a wider problem of our midfield not wanting to show for the ball consistently for 90 minutes. 

We can't keep having 1 midfield player having a 5 minute break all the time. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

He seems to play in spells to me, within a single game.

He'll often be really involved in the first 5 minutes, then you will rarely see him for the next 15, then he'll have another clever 5 mins, the nothing to half time.  

I think he's a small part of a wider problem of our midfield not wanting to show for the ball consistently for 90 minutes. 

We can't keep having 1 midfield player having a 5 minute break all the time. 

True, as we already have one on loan who does **** all for an entire game.

17 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

He is alright is the best description I can give 

Completely agree. He’s the epitome of a flat track bully in that he shines against inferior opponents but doesn’t lay a glove or have any real impact on a consistent level against the better teams. 

Anwar and Trezzy are similar in that regard and that’s why without Grealish having to rely on those three severely weakens our attacking threat.

Not the right winger we needed, like I've said about 1000 times here, but he's been pretty decent.

He needs better competition to drive him on. And I'd also say once again I think he should be used as CAM now and then. I suspect the league has caught on now. They will just double up inside or force him wide and he's pointless wide right.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

He has a style and body language that makes him look lazy

As well as the fact that he's **** lazy 

Horribly inconsistent, lightweight and makes baffling decisions, there's a player in there no doubt but it'll take some doing to see it consistently 

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He has a style and body language that makes him look lazy

As well as the fact that he's **** lazy 

Horribly inconsistent, lightweight and makes baffling decisions, there's a player in there no doubt but it'll take some doing to see it consistently 

Is there a player in there? I think what you see is what you get. He’s been consistently bad for most of the season with one or two moments of quality which look more and more like flukes the more he plays.

He’s the stand out weakness in our starting eleven for me and I’d actually put him below Trezeguet and El Ghazi in terms of quality at this point.

If you add to that that his off the ball work is non-existent then you end up with the frustrating player that he is. I’d be looking to get rid of him in the summer and look for a serious upgrade.

• Like 1

He's a funny one really, in that he had a lot of nice touches, especially in the first half, but he still didn't seem to perform at the level you would expect. I think there's a player in there, but he's out of form and trying to make too much happen on his own at the moment.

• Like 1

I'll repeat what I said in the match thread.  The utter definition of a show pony.  Looks tricky, takes on and beats the first man more often than not, shows good skills and tricks, but 9 times out of 10 nothing will come of It. He'll run into the second man, hold the ball to long, turn into trouble, shoot badly, cross badly or just lay it back to a defender. 

Doesn't run at his man when he should, does run at his man when he shouldn't. 

Never seems to be actually on the wing when we are looking to play out there. 

Show pony with tricks and no product. 

• Like 2

Â