Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Why cabt we sign a winger thats a **** consistent?

Aeg

Trez 

Traore

All cannot get more than 2-3 games playing well 

He was so bad today really awful

week in week out consistent wingers are one of the most in demand players and there just isn't a large quantity of wingers who can do that. Even clubs in the CL are always looking out for wingers that are consistent. ****** Manchester united don't even have a regular first choice right winger that is consistent enough 

10 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

week in week out consistent wingers are one of the most in demand players and there just isn't a large quantity of wingers who can do that. Even clubs in the CL are always looking out for wingers that are consistent. ****** Manchester united don't even have a regular first choice right winger that is consistent enough 

Thing is we pretty much knew what we were getting when we signed him. He hasn't come with a glowing CV and flopped - his quality was always a bit questionable. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Farlz said:

I'd love to know why he has to do some random no look cross field ball every single game? :lol:

I asked this about three months ago and hes continued to do it in most games since.

Surely management can just tell him to stop doing it. It's not like he is Suarez and has a nasty streak in him which is difficult to coach out.

It's almost like through boredom or lack of respect he chooses to blast the ball blindly, not really caring who it goes to. Very weird.

Traore will always struggle when we play teams who have all the possession and he has to go chasing (or not). In a way he's a better version of Hourihane in that when we are on the front foot he is much more effective. We weren't even trying to get the ball to him in the first half. In fact I don't know what the plan was!

That observation aside he wasnt great today regardless however  nor were the rest of the team so I don't think he should be taking a larger proportion of the blame. Had we been even luckier today (if you can't be good be lucky) we could have won let alone draw. A frustrating game but we're still difficult to beat which is one positive. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turvontour said:

Should have come off at half time. Everything was going wrong for him today. I really havent been a fan of his demeanour of late, plays like it's a real chore and cant handle any physical contact, which I dont buy.

He needs to work on his strength in the summer. 

• Like 1

Completely disagree that consistent wingers don't exist except at the very highest level. 

You can be consistently poor, consistently average, consistently good or consistently superb. 

What we have with Traore, and indeed all of our wingers is consistently poor.  Traore is probably consistently a tiny bit better than the other 2 and then has a few very very small flashes of brilliance, but it's still essentially consistently poor.  

Those flashes of brilliance are just not good enough for me, nowhere near good enough. 

I would rather swap any of them for a consistently average winger but ideally we get a consistently good one. 

Traore has been a huge disappointment and I think we made a major error with his signing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, PaulC said:

If its physical it can be fixed it if its attitude then we might as well sell him 

My main worry is that he isnt suited to big parts of the premier league game.

A worry too given that he is arguably the most talented of the 3, including Trez and AEG, and they are possibly more suited to the league.

Dismal. Watching him on the wing reminds me of watching Aly Cissokho at full back. A couple of times in 90  minutes he'll do something exciting, but for the rest of the game I'm wondering if the signal from his brain is actually getting to his legs properly. He has absolutely no idea of what you need to do to be a successful Premier League footballer. Makes no effort to win anything back, and provides no protection or assitance to Cash at all, nor does he create anything for Ollie. In short, an utter waste of money.

• Like 2

I certainly don't see how he can be considered backup for Watkins. He doesn't have the workrate or strength to do that role, and that's not even taking into account the fact that he will have 1 good game out of every 4.

A squad player but not much more if we want to really push on next season.

He has loads of potential, hope he will fulfill it. But at the moment he is a 17M winger, it might be as easy as that he is really good against the lower half teams, but not good enough against the top teams. If he would outperform the players at Liverpool, Man C etc he would be a 50M winger.

He also has a obsessive compulsive disorder of having to play one stupid blind pass backwards in every game.

Edited by Keener window-cleaner
  • Like 1

He is the best player in the world for 3 minutes and the worst for 87. 

I think it’s clear like a lot of our side he lacks any kind of competition.. especially with Trez out he will be starting every game for the rest of the season unfortunately like the other waste of space on the right AEG. 

We are in damage control now for the remaining games.... yes we had a great start to the season and the bar was raised but we all new the squad depth was gonna kill us... we all knew that we have nothing beyond the first 11... but it staggers me how people are suprised about it now.....thankfully we have have our back 5 sorted. Build build 

• Like 1

Â