Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

certainly good enough. just not consistent enough.

That's pretty much a contradiction, oxymoron or whatever the right word is.

Most professional footballers have a very high ceiling. What seperates the best of them is consistency. If you can't stay fairly consistent you aren't good enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Traoré is better than El Ghazi and Trezeguet, if we want to move forward and become a top six team he needs to replace them on the bench and a better player needs to replace Traoré in the starting line-up. But that's easier said than done, if you want someone guaranteed to be better than he Bertrand our beloved mercurial No.15, it's going to cost a lot of money.

40 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

agreed, but more than once every 5/6 games i don't think is unrealistic.

but absolutely i'm not saying replace him

He's 9 contributions (goals and assists) from 1861 minutes - so it's fair bit more frequent than that. 

I think we'll get a lot more out of him when we get a quality CAM in, Sanson starts rather than McGinn and Cash settles into his role. 

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

That's pretty much a contradiction, oxymoron or whatever the right word is.

Most professional footballers have a very high ceiling. What seperates the best of them is consistency. If you can't stay fairly consistent you aren't good enough.

Can't really agree with that statement.  Our time under Lambert had multiple footballers who could never make the grade at the Prem level. Holman, Sylla, Tonev... I could go on. 

9 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Just terrible, utterly useless. His only bit of skill was beating their attacking player and passing it to Mings. 

Hyperbole statement. 

Did you miss the lovely backheel pass which helped setup the move that resulted in a pen? 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, birdman said:

Hyperbole statement. 

Did you miss the lovely backheel pass which helped setup the move that resulted in a pen? 

Did you see the 99% of the time he was on the pitch ? Or maybe have a large game selection let's say the last 15 games ? He has offered very little full stop bar a small purple patch.

Like Berkley he slows down our game which is supposed to be counter attacking.

Davis did 2 bits of better skill in 10 minutes and no one would say he is skillfull

1 hour ago, Rightdm00 said:

Can't really agree with that statement.  Our time under Lambert had multiple footballers who could never make the grade at the Prem level. Holman, Sylla, Tonev... I could go on. 

How is that in any way relevant or opposing what I'm saying? 

On 26/04/2021 at 07:58, brummybloke said:

Just terrible, utterly useless. His only bit of skill was beating their attacking player and passing it to mings.

So predictable for a supposed unpredictable player. Get ball, slow it right down, turn inside, get overcrowded, pass it back to elmo, pass it back to konsa/mings.

No crossing, no using the overlap, no driving at the left back, no trying to beat the left back with skill. 

You can see just how terrible is has been as the left side of our team is where we end up having to use 85% of the time, which again makes us predictable.

Needs dropping for someone who can and will attack and also drop back.

Like Berkley, plays for himself not the team. We don't need this type of attitude and is one of the reasons we have dropped off a cliff results wise.

Sub only for the next few games for me and hope he sorts himself out and realises its a team game.

He's certainly not Arjen Robben but this reeks of bashing a bloke when the chips are down. If we were flying he wouldn't be on the radar for this sort of post at all. 

He categorically is unpredictable and when on form he produces sublime pieces of skill that result in goals or assists (think Bristol City volley, sumptuous early roll in finish vs West Brom, skinning two players and assisting Watkins vs Fulham)...

Cash, Traore, El Ghazi, Davis and Trezeguet have combined assisted 10 goals between them from the right hand side this season. We have only scored 46 goals of which 7 have been pens so hardly 85% from the left hand side (even taking into account that the left is where Jack plays). As well as goals through the middle like most of the Liverpool 7-2 ones were. 

His dropping back has improved immeasurably since he joined when it was perhaps peoples biggest criticism of him. 

I'm not saying hes the best thing ever, but posts like this suggest you should calm down a little. Transfer window is coming up (its not open now and we don't have anything better...)

• Like 3

On 26/04/2021 at 17:31, OutByEaster? said:

Traore is much more talented than El Ghazi, but I'd say El Ghazi is more effective.

He's debatably more effective in terms of being a goalscorer but in terms of overall play - involvement in attacking moves, creating chances etc. I think Traore is a lot better.

He’s a good player. Our whole team has struggled lately hence why a winger is going to look inconsistent. 
As for he needs better players around him... he seems to win games for Burkina Faso every time he goes on international break...

• Like 3

Like we found out last season, these new players need time to settle to find their groove, interested to see how he shakes out next season, although I hope we buy someone in the tier above to compete for that position, that would really improve us, maybe someone quick and direct (but not Adama).

He's another one who performed at a higher more productive level when Grealish was on the pitch. I think our middle three currently don't offer much to support his endeavour by running into space, drawing players or offering themselves to maybe see the best from him, Luiz and McGinn are more withdrawn most of the time with defensive duties. He also plays better when Cash is playing with him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

If someone finds that Bertie cutback including Allan tumbling like a felled tree please post it here. 

That's why I love him - absolutely destroyed Allan

• Like 2

Â