Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Maybe you’re right. Just not my cup of tea at all mate tbh. 

I'm still shocked that Trez, Traore and Davis were the ones that saved our bacon today, it's like a parallel universe.  When we have been looking for alternatives for so long and none have stepped up and then three have an exceptional 15 minutes to get us out of the doo doo.  It's like aliens took over their bodies for those 15 minutes.   Great stuff!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

For the last twenty minutes he did what we’ve lacked from anyone since we lost Grealish to injury; stepped up. He is the only player who has any form of skill and craft to carve through players and once he started keeping things simple it all became easier for him to have an impact. 

He was a joy to watch in the last twenty minutes and his assist for Watkins was just lovely. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

For all the good stuff Watkins can do, he doesn't hold the ball up and bring others into the game

Really surprised by this - I think Watkins is great at that. Don’t disagree with your Davis point today but I think Watkins’ hold-up play is one of his biggest strengths.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

Really surprised by this - I think Watkins is great at that. Don’t disagree with your Davis point today but I think Watkins’ hold-up play is one of his biggest strengths.

I think it has been at times but during this poor spell, I think that's a major thing that's been missing from his game.

First 75 minutes he was lost. Last 15 minutes  he was unplayable. He took one 30 yard ball down and killed it dead and was off down the wing like a scolded cat. His cross for the goal was right footed, God knows what the Fulham players must have thought had happened to him, was like a new player had been introduced. 

Its got to be a psychological why he's not performing.  Maybe it's the fear of poor passing stats that's making him.amd others not take chances. Whatever it is it needs to be addressed. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, tinker said:

First 75 minutes he was lost. Last 15 minutes  he was unplayable. He took one 30 yard ball down and killed it dead and was off down the wing like a scolded cat. His cross for the goal was right footed, God knows what the Fulham players must have thought had happened to him, was like a new player had been introduced. 

Its got to be a psychological why he's not performing.  Maybe it's the fear of poor passing stats that's making him.amd others not take chances. Whatever it is it needs to be addressed. 

I've thought about this before. As someone who is obsessed with stats, if I was playing professionally where it would be recorded, it would definitely come into my thinking!

15 hours ago, tinker said:

As I saw it he tried more or less the same things in the first 75 mins, but failed, and was also more restricted as the game wasn't as open. In the last 15 the game was more open, the opponents getting tired and going for a last push to get a goal, like often in the last minutes of the games. The tricks that Traore tries will have more chance of succeeding towards the end of the game, and did so this time. He is clearly at his best when he has lots of space, the game is open and when he can go on the counter, compared to when teams sit deep with many players in front of him. 

2 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

That move and burst for his assist was pure class, not many players can do that, he is a joy to watch. But he really has to cut out those Bacuna-style back/cross field passes. It's like he does one every game. 

Maybe there's a stat for completed passes over 30 yards 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

That move and burst for his assist was pure class, not many players can do that, he is a joy to watch. But he really has to cut out those Bacuna-style back/cross field passes. It's like he does one every game. 

At least yesterday was intentional yet risky. Usually it's a massive slice of a clearance with no idea where its going to land. 

Created a nice opening for Trez with a clever pass.

Has some good (and unique) ability, but his negatives far outweigh his positives, at least at the moment. What's most disappointing is that he appears to have minimal fight in him.

Â