Emiliano Martínez

hippo

love Emi, i think he's in the discussion for our best keeper for many years, only thing missing from that discussion is probably the short time he has been with us, but if he continues like he is, he will probably be genuinely in the argument for our best keeper in a few decades....

great versus man city, but that shot he saved at his left post (from the cross), he really should have just come for that cross, really surprised he didnt?

17 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Great versus man city, but that shot he saved at his left post (from the cross), he really should have just come for that cross, really surprised he didnt?

My read on this is he’s so good at goalkeeping he sometimes needs to let the strikers have a really easy chance so that it’s fair.

He has been top two or three best keepers in the league this season no question. 

22 hours ago, MaVilla said:

great versus man city, but that shot he saved at his left post (from the cross), he really should have just come for that cross, really surprised he didnt?

Nobody's perfect. But it's a testament to how good he is that we actually talk about little things like this.

On 21/01/2021 at 09:34, MaVilla said:

love Emi, i think he's in the discussion for our best keeper for many years, only thing missing from that discussion is probably the short time he has been with us, but if he continues like he is, he will probably be genuinely in the argument for our best keeper in a few decades....

Best keeper since Bosnich but, without the controversies following him. He's the real deal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Again.... i'm still searching for more superlatives.

JV, he's unbelievable, isn't he? I mean, he catches everything. He saves properly and not just punches at everything. He's a giant and he plays football out from the back with both feet. 

I absolutely love Emi. I hope he stays for the rest of his career, I really do. At the end of this season I'd sign him for another 5 years on double the wage, he's that good for us. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Can you believe this after last season? Can anyone genuinely say that they thought Emi would achieve this after what they witnessed from us last season? 

Obviously, it's not all down to him but bloody hell has he msde a difference. 

The management team deserve so much credit for getting Emi to join us. He must give so much confidence to our defenders to play in front of. Best signing of the sumer for me. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

I hate being negative but I don't see how one of the big champions league clubs don't come in this summer with a huge bid. How many years did he sign for?

Emi doesn't strike me as the type who is a disloyal money grabber who would just jump ship right now.

Seems an extremely genuine bloke who wants to be where he is loved and respected, and feels a part of something.

Also, we are allowed to have and KEEP top players, since we are trying to get where those clubs are.

It's actually frustrating to see this type of post in every well performing player thread we have without fail .lol

Our owners are no mugs.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

I hate being negative but I don't see how one of the big champions league clubs don't come in this summer with a huge bid. How many years did he sign for?

Chelsea aside any time that could afford him are probably happy with their keeper. I think we’re ok for a few more season. 

Btw that claim on the 57th minute. What a keeper. 

Would I swap him for Ederson, Alisson, De Gea, Lloris? Greats of the league. Champions League winners, World Cup winners.

Would I balls.

He's one of the best keepers in the world. Easily top 10, probably top 5.

• Like 4

Â