Emiliano Martínez

hippo

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Hope nothing serious. 

Yep but full credit to Olsen tonight he was our best player. Should give him alot of confidence if Emi misses the weekend.

• Like 4

It was really refreshing to hear Emi's comments regarding being with us as opposed to being with a team that regularly qualifies for the CL. And while I agree with Ty Bacey's remarks "That he gets it from the fans side", he seems to have forgot when Emi actually joined us, which was the season after we just stayed up, if my memory serves me right. How can we afford to forget that brilliant double save from Pepe Reina against Watford that was vital in that season's fight against relegation. 

Emi kept us up before he even joined us: I remember having Watford's game vs Arsenal on while also watching us vs West Ham on the final day of 19-20 season and Emi made a couple of world class saves for Arsenal that day at 3-2. Things could have bean very different if he hadn't played well that day... 

• Like 1

On 02/04/2024 at 12:27, Villa_Vids said:

Pop at Grealish.

I don't think its that and it's also a very easy thing to say when we're heading towards the top 5 with Emery.

If Gerrard was still here and we were hoping for Coutinho and Henderson to be fit enough to play 45 minutes in our fight to finish 15th, I don't think Emi would be saying that because I don't think he'd even be here. 

It's a nice thing to read and to think if a big team come in with an offer his head wouldn't turn now, but I think every footballer would agree it means more to play Champions League with a less favoured team, just a lot of the people who agree with Emi will do that whilst sat on the bench earning the same as him for a Milan club or Munich or someone. 

On 08/02/2024 at 12:57, Woody1000 said:

What is everyone’s views on Emi’s position here?

DE032C32-22E6-4EDB-8893-DEB9F08BFA0F.jpeg

I see it as he thought the wall, would take care of his right hand side, and he would lean towards his left which was partially open.

The wall for me looks lacking any height, and a bit short in numbers.....where was the other 3 players?....they had 6 themselves.

The wall doesn't look much to me....and this may have encouraged Enzo to come up with a fine execution of a free kick.

A number of things going on here....but we don't look resolute to me.

51 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Included in the squad for Brentford, imagine he would start given he was supposed to do so against City.

He might reward Olsen.....That can also send out a message, that all hope is not lost.....do well and you get rewarded, with a first team shirt.

depends who Unai, looks at for the conceded goals.

3 hours ago, TRO said:

He might reward Olsen.....That can also send out a message, that all hope is not lost.....do well and you get rewarded, with a first team shirt.

If Emi is fit to start, it would be insanity to leave him on the bench

• Like 3

7 hours ago, TRO said:

No he won’t. If Emi is fit Emi will start, none of this nonsense about rewarding someone for a half decent display in a 4-1 defeat. Not the time for any of this bs

• Like 2

I suspect neither Martinez or Watkins will start tomorrow, if involved at all, when Emery says in his pre-game press conferences that such and such player is going to have a late fitness test to determine whether they will be involved or not, that player doesn't end up playing

11 hours ago, Mark_1989 said:

No he won’t. If Emi is fit Emi will start, none of this nonsense about rewarding someone for a half decent display in a 4-1 defeat. Not the time for any of this bs

Managers have to manage a large group of players......there has to be a carrot in front of the Donkey....players have to be rewarded for good performances, else what's the point.

Motivation is a key ingredient in managing a football team.

I am not saying Emi won't play if he is fit.....but if he doesn't I could see the managers view.

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

Managers have to manage a large group of players......there has to be a carrot in front of the Donkey....players have to be rewarded for good performances, else what's the point.

Motivation is a key ingredient in managing a football team.

I am not saying Emi won't play if he is fit.....but if he doesn't I could see the managers view.

GKs are different. Olsen knows he's a clear #2, end of.

15 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

If Emi is fit to start, it would be insanity to leave him on the bench

Even dear Robin would agree with this. 

I mentioned in the match forum, my only criticism is when he has the ball and releases it too quickly thinking we can launch a counter, even if he puts a perfect long pass into Ollie's feet, it's really hard for him to keep the ball and probably 6/10 times or more the ball just ends up with the oppo.  Then for the third goal he tried to throw the ball to McGinn to release him quickly and it went out of play then with the possession Brentford scored within a minute or so.  Just pass it short to Torres or Doug, keep possession and build from the back like we've done so well.

Â