Emiliano Martínez

hippo

5 minutes ago, birdman said:

They don't like the fact we have him. If he played for one of their darlings you would not hear the end of it.

Yeah but a couple of seasons ago he was getting massively hyped by the media. 

He’s better now. And nothing 

• Like 1

Must be horrible being one on one with him. They will have watched his highlights and seen that you are likely to score 1 in 10 of one on ones against him  . His sheer size is his asset as well. Look at how skinny Vicario and Sa are for instance  or how small Raya is.  If he is closing you down then you are probably thinking that its going to really hurt . Said it 100 times but he is the closest to Peter Schmeichel there has been in terms of personality and agility for his size. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah but a couple of seasons ago he was getting massively hyped by the media. 

He’s better now. And nothing 

Yep. Weird! I said the other day he's now the complete keeper. Super strong in all areas. This season he's been particularly good at spotting the danger early and rushing out to clear the ball. Think Emi mention speed has been something he's working on and it's paying off.

9 minutes ago, birdman said:

Yep. Weird! I said the other day he's now the complete keeper. Super strong in all areas. This season he's been particularly good at spotting the danger early and rushing out to clear the ball. Think Emi mention speed has been something he's working on and it's paying off.

Agreed. 

Last season or the season before I actually wasn’t against selling him. 

Not because I wanted to, but because I felt his reputation was actually better than his ability. He was being rated as one of the best keepers in the world, but I didn’t think he was quite at that level. So my theory was that if someone genuinely wanted to sign him we’d be getting a world record fee for a keeper, most likely, for a keeper that wasn’t actually as good as that. 

But now I think it’s the opposite. I think he’s got even better and he now is that level. But bizarrely his reputation seems to have gone backwards slightly

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I think that they are equal because they are both match winners. 

True but as much as I rate Emi we still concede goals. A consistent goalscorer though is priceless.

I don't pay to mutch attention to football besides Villa anymore.but surely he's the best in the league at the moment? Or the world? I can't think of many better, Courtois?

13 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Olsen's gonna play today.....

He only pulled out at Man. City because he was ill so I don't see it.

Also Emi's had a couple of dodgy games going back  to Emirates and let in some soft goals so he's due a World class game there and Thursday was a nice warm up with some of the saves he made.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, the_eristic said:

Trossard save massive.

Is that a rival gang to Ali G’s West Staines massive ? 

• Haha 1

Â