Emiliano Martínez

hippo

The whole Inter €15mil rumour is just hilarious really. As I have said so many times on here a players price isn’t decided by the buying club. It’s decided by the selling club. And right now Emi is worth north of 60mil for Villa. For us to even consider selling it wound need to be a massive offer. No one is going to make that offer and I would be 100% sure Dibu will be in goal for Villa at the end of this window. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

The whole Inter €15mil rumour is just hilarious really. As I have said so many times on here a players price isn’t decided by the buying club. It’s decided by the selling club. And right now Emi is worth north of 60mil for Villa. For us to even consider selling it wound need to be a massive offer. No one is going to make that offer and I would be 100% sure Dibu will be in goal for Villa at the end of this window. 

I don't think Villa would sell for anything under £100 million.

Martinez is too valuable and would cost to replace. 

• Like 1

I'm not to sure that no one would offer the £100m, Chelsea could, it would help them in two ways. 1 They have a world class keeper and 2 they disrupt our preparation.

Even if they do offer £100m we have to resist and hope Emi stays onside for at least another season,  giving us time to find a replacement and another season with the best keeper in the world. 

9 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Even at 150 million we would need to say no. Because we have no other keepers . Steer has left. Sinisalo has left  and Olsen we do not have to say anything. 

I’d sell him.

But only to Saudi Arabia for £750 million, payable immediately 😆

More risible and nonsensical AI-produced and/or fool-assisted journalism ... I've really been thinking about how profitable it can apparently be to release nonsense in the self-published football transfer-reporting world. People must be making money off this stuff because it pretty much means none of them will be working for major outlets.

Aston Villa had a terrific season last time. They competed with some of the best teams in the league and Unai Emery managed to push his team to the Europa Conference League final. This was a monumental achievement for The Villans and a sign that the club could be returning to its glory days.

However, Unai Emery is not satisfied. Ideally, he would like to qualify for the competition he loves the most in the Europa League. This is achievable by either winning the Conference League, which is a great opportunity for Villa, or by finishing in the top six of the Premier League.

Could you imagine if Emi got injured before our knockout European Qualifying game and we had to put Olsen in goal 

No group stages for us! 

Edited by Kingman

1 hour ago, Marka Ragnos said:

More risible and nonsensical AI-produced and/or fool-assisted journalism ... I've really been thinking about how profitable it can apparently be to release nonsense in the self-published football transfer-reporting world. People must be making money off this stuff because it pretty much means none of them will be working for major outlets.

Just because Emery has won Europa league it’s his favourite 😂😂 I’m sure if he had the choice he’d wants us champions league 

• Haha 1

Emi is currently my favourite player, best keeper we've had since Bosnich and in the top 3 we've had in my 50+ years of supporting the Villa.

But...... the rumours that Unai doesn't really fancy him have never really gone away and is it beyond the realms of fantasy that we could surreptitiously be testing the water to invite potential bids ? I genuinely hope not and i'd be seriously pi$$ed off if he left......but equally I wouldn't be totally surprised. It could even be his agent working behind the scenes to drum up any interest if he's got the sense from the club they'd be prepared to do business if the deal is right ?

All conspiracy theory and/or smoke with no fire ?  Jeez...I hope so.

I'm not sure Olsen would be our #1 if Emi leaves but in fairness to him, he is a decent stopper and ball handler but his main weakness is his distribution which is important to the direction we are heading. Unai presumably believes he can improve him in that area or he wouldn't still be hanging around.

I do think a lot of Villa fans are a little OTT regarding Martinez. Very decent keeper but he has poor games and he makes his own gaffs which generally go un-noticed compared with the social media carnage when Olsen makes the same mistakes.

I genuinely hope Emi stays but, unlike many, I won't be slashing my wrists if he is lured away by big money ...... especially if that money buys us a a top forward or top attacking midfielder.

PS: I'm also not convinced Unai is mad keen on Emi and his attitude and I'm equally not convinced Emi would have any problems leaving for a so-called "big club" !

Edited by Paul33
  • Haha 1

On 25/07/2023 at 13:49, Herman22 said:

Absolutely!

6 hours ago, Paul33 said:

I'm not sure Olsen would be our #1 if Emi leaves but in fairness to him, he is a decent stopper and ball handler but his main weakness is his distribution which is important to the direction we are heading. Unai presumably believes he can improve him in that area or he wouldn't still be hanging around.

I do think a lot of Villa fans are a little OTT regarding Martinez. Very decent keeper but he has poor games and he makes his own gaffs which generally go un-noticed compared with the social media carnage when Olsen makes the same mistakes.

I genuinely hope Emi stays but, unlike many, I won't be slashing my wrists if he is lured away by big money ...... especially if that money buys us a a top forward or top attacking midfielder.

PS: I'm also not convinced Unai is mad keen on Emi and his attitude and I'm equally not convinced Emi would have any problems leaving for a so-called "big club" !

The amount of points Martinez saved us in games last year was crazy compared to 90% of top keepers who wouldn’t have. You are probably talking at least 10points. I wouldn’t sell him for south of 80m.  Means to much.  Plus his passing with his feet is excellent, which is massive part of Emery game.  Utd would have kept de gea id he could have kicked with his feet.  So important for top teams now adaya

Â