Emiliano Martínez

hippo

He got roundly booed by the Arsenal fans at every touch yesterday, but that's surely not enough of a reason to play like he did. As bad as everybody else, which was pretty terrible. 

37 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Completely lost his head at times as well. No idea how he got away with the headlock.

I assume because it wasn't deemed violet conduct and without Jesus fouling (body checking a keeper who has full control of the ball) first, it wouldn't have happened. The severity of their respective conduct was probably seen as a 60/40  but as it was instigated by Jesus and no actual strike was aimed by Emi (more of an extreme cuddle!), it was a 'just get on with the game' moment. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I honestly thought we'd totally mugged them when we signed them and they had Leno chucking them in but Ramsdale come in and been a revelation.

He was every bit as poor for the goal he conceded last night tbf

On 01/09/2022 at 04:55, stewiek2 said:

Form is temporary. Class is permanent. My keeper. Love this guy.

Couldn't say it better myself.

On 01/09/2022 at 09:47, spiezels said:

I love him and he has loads of credit in the bank, but he bottles it at Arsenal everytime. 

Still a legend and glad we have him. 

Credit in the bank 100%. He'll have a blinder against Haaland, the other 10 though ... We live in hope.

34 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Terry letting the owners know that he is still around? Just in case..................

29 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Strange regarding his coaching career 

Have our defence arguably been shitter since he left? 🤔

Obviously these things aren't just down to one coach but 🤷🏾‍♂️

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

They have although you wonder how much that is down to the amount of time we spend practising set piece routines in training as well.

As for Emi, like the defence good players are going to struggle in a poor structure. Decision making can be caused by lack of confidence, not just in yourself but of what the team are doing in front of you.

40 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Definitely just wonder  why he hasn’t continued as a coach or manager elsewhere.

• Like 1

Â