Emiliano Martínez

hippo

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Next seasons captain ?

got £100 bet with someone on here that it'll still be mings and i stand by that

but interesting that he's named captain today with mcginn on the pitch...so guessing he's at least vice captain

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

got £100 bet with someone on here that it'll still be mings and i stand by that

but interesting that he's named captain today with mcginn on the pitch...so guessing he's at least vice captain

I think it will be Mings too. Emi vice as he’ll always start. I think McGinn and maybe even Mings may get rotated more next season. 

Was listening to an episode of the Fozcast this other day which was quite interesting (some young keeper on the books at Man Utd who had to retire age 23 due to injury) and they obviously touch on goalkeepers generally.

Ben Foster - "...we shot with Emi Martinez recently, and we went round to his house - I was like, 'Jesus, look at the size of him!' the size of his shoulders.  Massive!  Massive!... he ain't got an ounce of fat on him.  He's 6ft 5/6, yeah.  He's wide.  It's a joke, mate!"
Tom Ochoa - "...and he's a lovely bloke.  He can cook..."
Ben Foster - "Oh, he's the full package mate"
Tom Ochoa - "He is, isn't he!"

:D 

Emi is really wanting to set a standard for the club and fans. I think he might wind up as captain. 

The other way of looking at it is he'll be looking to move if we aren't where we want to be very soon wanting European football by 23/24. Here's hoping there's no clause in that 2027 deal! 😭

Article below but it's basically produced from the Bosnich video above

• 2 weeks later...

Could do with him coming off of his line more often than he does, as great as he is. We suddenly looked hugely more comfortable dealing with set pieces when he was claiming the ones that came in his vicinity. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

His distribution separates him from the top keepers, it’s been an issue for a while 

I agree he struggles with the lofted balls to the full backs but that wouldn't be an issue if our midfielders ever showed for the ball so we didn't have to try to play to the full backs every time. 

Â