Emiliano Martínez

hippo

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Neuer 36 now. I reckon Oblak will go Bayern.

Not seen enough of Oblak to know but is he a similar sweeper keeper? 

If bayerns season carries on then maybe they will do something next summer but replacing neuer would be huge, not just for his personality but for tactical reasons too, he refound some form in the last 2 years 

Just now, villa4europe said:

If bayerns season carries on then maybe they will do something next summer but replacing neuer would be huge, not just for his personality but for tactical reasons too, he refound some form in the last 2 years 

Oblak is a huge box keeper tbh, not surprising given how deep Simeone usually plays his backline against the best teams and obviously it's going to be same set up for Slovenia given they're a relative minnow against many national teams they play in europe.

• Like 1

Alexander Nübel was supposed to be the Neuer replacement when they signed him, but then Neuer just kept going. He's still at the club thou but on loan at Monaco. Not sure how high his stock is these days thou.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not sure to be honest but  he is regarded as one of the best keepers around.

Either way I don’t think we need to worry about Emi going to Atletico. I think he genuinely loves Villa and wants to stay a long time.  He is also a family man and settled in the area so I doubt he’d want to uproot them to Spain. 

54 minutes ago, slovenian said:

Jan Oblak should be haunting every Villa fan since the day the left Olimpija Ljubljana... our scouts were out there to watch him, but 1.3 m was too much for Villa but not so much for Benfica... our scouts prefered Orjan Nyland ffs... Oblak likes life in Spain but loves the Premier League... just like Handanovic, if he moves, he moves for a reason... Manchester or Atletico forever

Is that you, Jan? 

10 hours ago, slovenian said:

Jan Oblak should be haunting every Villa fan since the day the left Olimpija Ljubljana... our scouts were out there to watch him, but 1.3 m was too much for Villa but not so much for Benfica... our scouts prefered Orjan Nyland ffs... Oblak likes life in Spain but loves the Premier League... just like Handanovic, if he moves, he moves for a reason... Manchester or Atletico forever

Oblak move to Benfica in 2010. We signed Nyland in 2018. In what world did our scouts prefer Nyland?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Oblak move to Benfica in 2010. We signed Nyland in 2018. In what world did our scouts prefer Nyland?

In the dark and mysterious world of Villa Talk, where the mind is forever haunted by what may never have been or may never come to pass. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, slovenian said:

In 2010? When Orjan Nyland was at Hodd? The guy didn't come to us for another 8 years! There's liking someone and then there's tracking them for half their career....

Perhaps the most confusing statement I've seen on here this week and that's saying something. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Not this again. Only seems to be Argentina that request such nonsense. After all the goodwill we afforded by them last season we must be telling them to go forth and multiply this time.

Wales are requesting similar with Bale

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Wales are requesting similar with Bale

He should be well rested as is. According to Transfermarkt he's only played a total of 341 minutes in the MLS after 14 games. He's featured in 11 of those.

49 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I see Emi's agent has been busy. Links to Atletico and Manure in the last 48 hours alone.

Am sure the rest of Europe will follow over the coming months. 

That’s the problem with being a club that is stagnant. The chances of playing anywhere near the top of the tree are becoming more and more remote with the current management structure. Wake up Purslow or move aside and let someone else run the club because we’re anything but inspiring at the moment. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Steero113 said:

In 2010? When Orjan Nyland was at Hodd? The guy didn't come to us for another 8 years! There's liking someone and then there's tracking them for half their career....

Perhaps the most confusing statement I've seen on here this week and that's saying something. 

i'm really sorry to hear that. i was left unsupervised and talking shit on internet... people are sometimes wrong on internet and it sucks. i hope your week only gets better from here, thank god it's only monday today.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, slovenian said:

i'm really sorry to hear that. i was left unsupervised and talking shit on internet... people are sometimes wrong on internet and it sucks. i hope your week only gets better from here, thank god it's only monday today.

I was on a positive upwards trajectory after this post yesterday which was uplifting and I thank you for it. 

Then I watched the England game and it went back downhill....

Â