Emiliano Martínez

hippo

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Every single interview I've seen with him - whether Villa official or elsewhere - he basically can't speak highly enough of being at Villa.

I'd be amazed if anyone matched our valuation of him and amazed if he actively pushed for a move elsewhere.

Just because he speaks highly of the club that employs him, doesn't mean he can't have his head turned. Loyalty doesn't (or very very rarely) exist in football.

22 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Just because he speaks highly of the club that employs him, doesn't mean he can't have his head turned. Loyalty doesn't (or very very rarely) exist in football.

I'm not saying he's loyal as such (although I do think he's sort of grateful for us giving him "this" career), just that I don't see him kicking up a fuss to leave given that our valuation of him will be rather high (I imagine).

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

I'm not saying he's loyal as such (although I do think he's sort of grateful for us giving him "this" career), just that I don't see him kicking up a fuss to leave given that our valuation of him will be rather high (I imagine).

This. He knows his move to Villa was one of the reasons he got to become Argentina's number 1. 

I don't think he will angle for a move, not for a couple of years anyway. 

18 hours ago, Xela said:

This. He knows his move to Villa was one of the reasons he got to become Argentina's number 1. 

I don't think he will angle for a move, not for a couple of years anyway. 

I’d guess next summer is when he’d think about it. Don’t mess anything up this year while he’s Argentina’s number one ahead of thr World Cup. See how we do this coming season. See next summer if any CL clubs come in to offer a big payday and crack at the CL as he enters his 30s. 

The only big Champions League team that would sign Martinez as his distribution isnt the greatest is Atletico Madrid and they already have Oblak

If Oblak goes then I be worried thats it

Did I imagine him signing a long term deal a few months back?

Not sure what the mass panic is about. He won the Copa 12 months back and then penned the deal when we were bottom half so clearly happy with how we're progressing.

If we're not in europe in two years time then he'll probably go but wouldn't he be over 30 at that point. Teams don't really tend to pay huge fees for keepers at that age unless they're desperate as Ederson and Allison were both mid 20s when they moved to their clubs.

I can see him being a Kasper Schmeichel figure for us. Schmeichel also had endless loans in his career before he pitched up at Leicester and became part of their history.

9 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

If we don't progress next season I can see him going, maybe Tottenham will be looking by then.

Agree about them looking but at the same time sours are who I worry about the least because you know Levy will be a dick

Alisson £67m, Ederson £35m 5 years ago, kepa £72m

Levy bidding for Emi 3 buttons and Harry Winks... With the c&b shades on he's a £75m player, with them off he's got to be at least £50m, Levy won't pay that 

20 hours ago, Zatman said:

The only big Champions League team that would sign Martinez as his distribution isnt the greatest is Atletico Madrid and they already have Oblak

If Oblak goes then I be worried thats it

Is his distribution that much worse than Cortouis, De Gea,  Stegen, Mendi etc ?

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Did I imagine him signing a long term deal a few months back?

Not sure what the mass panic is about. He won the Copa 12 months back and then penned the deal when we were bottom half so clearly happy with how we're progressing.

If we're not in europe in two years time then he'll probably go but wouldn't he be over 30 at that point. Teams don't really tend to pay huge fees for keepers at that age unless they're desperate as Ederson and Allison were both mid 20s when they moved to their clubs.

I can see him being a Kasper Schmeichel figure for us. Schmeichel also had endless loans in his career before he pitched up at Leicester and became part of their history.

I think after Agentina win the World Cup there will be a lot of interest but if we’re in Europe he’ll stay. If not we’ll get big money.

Either way the club is in a strong position after he signed his new deal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Agree about them looking but at the same time sours are who I worry about the least because you know Levy will be a dick

Alisson £67m, Ederson £35m 5 years ago, kepa £72m

Levy bidding for Emi 3 buttons and Harry Winks... With the c&b shades on he's a £75m player, with them off he's got to be at least £50m, Levy won't pay that 

To be fair the spending will have to change if Conte is staying. 

9 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

No he’s more or less on that level. I believe clubs in Spain and Italy tend to have a bit more traditional keepers. There’s still a limited amount of clubs where the keeper really is an integrated part of play, Man City and Liverpool obviously and Bayern, teams playing a very high line need a sweeper keeper with excellent feet. In the Prem clubs like Arsenal and Brighton are trying as well.

The game is developing that way though and I doubt any big club in England would pay big money for a ”traditional” shot stopper in the future. Ten Hag would probably love to replace De Gea with someone more modern but he can’t, since DDG is on £375k per week and no other club would take him because of that.

Edited by VillaParkAvenue
  • Like 2

On 11/06/2022 at 09:19, Vive_La_Villa said:

Having watched Donnarumma's for Italy I'd say it is definitely no worse than his.

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Anyone know why he missed the game today?

I had the same question. I’m hoping the idea is just give GK the whole game instead of rotating.

I hope it wasn’t a koala bite from the photo shoot the other day😂 my daughter loves them both so much I don’t know who she would pick.

Â