Emiliano Martínez

hippo

1 minute ago, jackbauer24 said:

I didn't clearly see the second but the first is not a keeper error for anyone who's ever played that position. His body is responding to the first shot and then does well to change to save from the deflection, he can't also hold it as his body weight is going the wrong way. Their player responds quickest.

He messed up a few kicks/the roll back but he also had some really good saves tonight. He wasn't a problem.

Agreed. Watch the replay from the camera behind the goal. It's obvious.

The second wasn't his fault either. It was a point-blank shot from an unmarked player. I thought he did well to get a hand to it.

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

He's always shit against Arsenal, probably trying too hard to 'prove them wrong' each time. Should just play Olsen for this fixture.

I'm always surprised they boo him when he goes back there. He came from nowhere to play a massive part in them winning their last trophy. Did he say something after he left as Arsenal fans usually give good reception to players who leave them on good terms.

He should've saved second goal even if Cash may have been in his eyeline.

His reaction when trying to save the second goal was hilarious.

Flapping his arms like a pissed up pterodactyl missing the ball completely.

Gave me a right chuckle.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

I'm always surprised they boo him when he goes back there. He came from nowhere to play a massive part in them winning their last trophy. Did he say something after he left as Arsenal fans usually give good reception to players who leave them on good terms.

He should've saved second goal even if Cash may have been in his eyeline.

I think he said several somethings on multiple occasions to be honest. Certainly among Arsenal fans I know they've gradually gone from thinking they made a mistake selling him to thinking he's a loudmouth they're good to be shot of. I don't really agree - that's fandom of course - but I think he gladly burned his bridges.

Just now, AVTuco said:

Another one not as good as people here think.

He's regressed a lot. Like quite a few players at the club he was great in 20/21 and has been steadily getting worse ever since, and I think we're starting to see the consequence of over-relying on the memory of the first half of that season when evaluating our players.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think he said several somethings on multiple occasions to be honest. Certainly among Arsenal fans I know they've gradually gone from thinking they made a mistake selling him to thinking he's a loudmouth they're good to be shot of. I don't really agree - that's fandom of course - but I think he gladly burned his bridges.

I honestly thought we'd totally mugged them when we signed them and they had Leno chucking them in but Ramsdale come in and been a revelation.

At least playing for us he's fully established himself as Argentina number one now which likely wouldn't have happened if he'd stayed there as squad option.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TomC said:

Agreed. Watch the replay from the camera behind the goal. It's obvious.

The second wasn't his fault either. It was a point-blank shot from an unmarked player. I thought he did well to get a hand to it.

It was his fault. It wasn't point blank and it wasn't a rocket either. He should have saved it.

He's a good keeper but not as good as many on here thought. Arsenal wouldn't have got rid if he was.

31 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

It was his fault. It wasn't point blank and it wasn't a rocket either. He should have saved it.

He's a good keeper but not as good as many on here thought. Arsenal wouldn't have got rid if he was.

That’s not entirely true. Leno was still solid when they let Emi go. They viewed him as surplus

9 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Kind of character if he don't like someone, he will let them know. 

An he don't like Gerrard!!

Straight shooter

9 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Another one not as good as people here think.

He is none of the players are mentally happy under this regime let alone knowing what they are supposed to do tactically. 

Â