Emiliano Martínez

hippo

Doesn't make saves anymore and doesn't release the ball?

What's that? Ollie in acres of space on the wing screaming for the ball 20 yards in front of Emi? No no no.

We wait until everyone is set. Ollie is 129 yards away and blast it 2 miles into the sky.

28 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Imagine how disappointing it must be?

Emi is one of those who has genuinely believed in and tried to push us onwards.

He is very ambitious, you can tell he wants to succeed with us but only a matter of time till he's fed up.

He'll leave if we don't improve.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Doesn't make saves anymore and doesn't release the ball?

What's that? Ollie in acres of space on the wing screaming for the ball 20 yards in front of Emi? No no no.

We wait until everyone is set. Ollie is 129 yards away and blast it 2 miles into the sky.

Probably instructions from the manager. Gotta give time for the FBs to push up towards the corner flags. 

Just now, Rightdm00 said:

Probably instructions from the manager. Gotta give time for the FBs to push up towards the corner flags. 

So what's the manager going to do? Drop him? Media would be all over that

1 minute ago, a-k said:

So what's the manager going to do? Drop him? Media would be all over that

I think Emi, like the other players, are doing their best to follow the managers instruction. That is also why we look so bad every weekend. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

He'll be off if we don't make any progress this season, he has good as said it.

something along the lines of "i didn't come to villa to finish 13th" in the recent video with hannah hampton

enjoy him whilst he's here 😢

Edited by tomav84
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He's a great lad but he's on long term deal and really isn't playing well enough for a move tbh.

He's living off the reputation of his first season. He's by no means a problem but I'm not losing sleep about losing him tbh.

A good WC for Argentina could see him an increase in demand for him though.

• Like 1

Every goal let in is magnified because of the shit defense in front of him and the fact that we can't score goals at all.

Like many a Villa keeper, hardly ever plays with a cushion.

Agreed - good shot stopper but panic stations with his feet unless it's an easy pass to the CB. Gotten a little better with his passes to the fullbacks but it's still very lofted instead of driven. Often allows defenses to pounce on Digne or Cash and force a punt up the field or a panic ball backwards.

• Haha 1

I didn't clearly see the second but the first is not a keeper error for anyone who's ever played that position. His body is responding to the first shot and then does well to change to save from the deflection, he can't also hold it as his body weight is going the wrong way. Their player responds quickest.

He messed up a few kicks/the roll back but he also had some really good saves tonight. He wasn't a problem.

• Like 1

Just now, jackbauer24 said:

I didn't clearly see the second but the first is not a keeper error for anyone who's ever played that position. His body is responding to the first shot and then does well to change to save from the deflection, he can't also hold it as his body weight is going the wrong way. Their player responds quickest.

He messed up a few kicks/the roll back but he also had some really good saves tonight. He wasn't a problem.

Might have seen it late with Cash in his way too

Â