Emiliano Martínez

hippo

Yeah he could have done better with the goals he let in but I have no probs with Emi at all. When you face a complete onslaught you are always gonna let a couple in barring a miracle.

Poor EMI:

🗣 "I can't sleep at night, I went to bed at 6:30am and woke up at 7:15am. I struggle with defeats and when I concede goals."

- Emiliano Martínez reflects on the two goals he conceded against Arsenal

Defense need to protect him more ffs.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Poor EMI:

🗣 "I can't sleep at night, I went to bed at 6:30am and woke up at 7:15am. I struggle with defeats and when I concede goals."

Tbf, I honestly think he could have done better for the second goal against Arsenal. I do think the defence needs to be more protective though. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Tbf, I honestly think he could have done better for the second goal against Arsenal. I do think the defence needs to be more protective though. 

Admittedley he hasn't been as brilliant as when he first came in.

Even his distribution is poor at times, but it seems to correlate with rest of the team.

Let's be real though, how outstanding he was at one point, was simply papering over larger cracks.

He has won us alot of points we probably never deserved in the past.

I feel it would be hard for any goalkeeper to keep up that level under the constant sustained pressure and chaos.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Admittedley he hasn't been as brilliant as when he first came in.

Even his distribution is poor at times, but it seems to correlate with rest of the team.

Let's be real though, how outstanding he was at one point, was simply papering over larger cracks.

He has won us alot of points we probably never deserved in the past.

I feel it would be hard for any goalkeeper to keep up that level under the constant sustained pressure and chaos.

I have not really been a fan of his distribution. It was overrated im his first season but I will give him a pass as he has said he has some continuing knee problem so its probably why ita not great

This is why he will never be going to be an elite team

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Poor EMI:

They do…. But he was mostly at fault for both to be fair. 

48 minutes ago, spiezels said:

They do…. But he was mostly at fault for both to be fair. 

The first deflected at the last moment on its way to him, I'd be impressed if he'd managed I catch it or get any proper direction on where his save went.

The errors for the first were on Gerrard and the outfield team... including primarily the shape we play, the lack of tracking, the lack of marking and slow reactions/ball watching.

Second one was more his fault, but equally shared with the outfield.

Just now, MrBlack said:

The first deflected at the last moment on its way to him, I'd be impressed if he'd managed I catch it or get any proper direction on where his save went.

The errors for the first were on Gerrard and the outfield team... including primarily the shape we play, the lack of tracking, the lack of marking and slow reactions/ball watching.

Second one was more his fault, but equally shared with the outfield.

Oh listen. I’m well aware it’s all about how we set up and the absolute state of things right now, but he’s a better keeper than not saving them 2 goals. (Not keeping hold of the first) Is all I’m saying, I love the dude, but he does tend to flap it at Arsenal when the crowd are on his back 

• Like 1

I look at the way teams just continually go around us from wide. The amount of crosses that get into our box and it's no surprise Emi is conceding goals. 

I love the bloke. The only individual worthy of taking the armband from Ming's if we are all honest about it. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, supermon said:

To miss the cross was a bit poor from Emi in my opinion, should be reading these and commanding that area.

I thought it may have flicked off Digne's foot to loop it over Emi but I haven't watched it back to see if that's the case.

Â