Emiliano Martínez

hippo

3 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Definitely went down on purpose to kill the game a bit

The thing I thought amusing there was footage of the boys drinking water and being talked to by Gerrard ... bearing in mind how little he talks to anyone.

But you are right it was a touch blatant.

1 hour ago, fruitvilla said:

The thing I thought amusing there was footage of the boys drinking water and being talked to by Gerrard ... bearing in mind how little he talks to anyone.

Gerrard often talks to the players during breaks in play.

Martinez ‘injury’ was a planned tactic, think the ref knew it aswell but couldn’t do much about it, worked perfectly. 

10 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

That finish yesterday was top class, and exactly why he needs to play on the right.

Him and Watkins caused all sorted of problems for City.

Its just a shame we don’t have a right-footed player like Bailey that can play on the left when required.

The result of picking wrong places... on Make a GIF

22 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

That finish yesterday was top class, and exactly why he needs to play on the right.

Him and Watkins caused all sorted of problems for City.

Its just a shame we don’t have a right-footed player like Bailey that can play on the left when required.

Classic VT, always trying to play a person in a different position.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

The thing was i thought it was definitely time wasting but then Emi was legit motioning to be subbed repeatedly whilst he was on the ground.

Emi has in general been top class for us, but just when he first came he was catching the ball far more often than he is doing now, the modern trait is to parry the ball but how many goals come from just pushing the ball out. He looked so commanding catching the ball so for me can we go back to his old ways.

24 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I love Emi but he’d be the first to admit he’s been at fault for 2, maybe 3 of the last 3 goals we have conceded. Great goalie but needs to be doing better in certain situations.

I can be critical of him but to be fair to him we’ve just faced two of the best attacking sides in the prem and he’s been v overworked. He pulled off some great saves in both matches.

• Like 1

I've been thinking of the captaincy. Mings has improved I think without it, McGinn has shriveled with it, but Emi seemed to absolutely thrive with the armband yesterday. He was back to his best, winding up the crowd, making good saves, and just making the whole defence assured in those last few minutes. 

I think he should be taking the captaincy full time, his personality just seems ready made to be captain and he's at his best when he's fired up and given responsibility. He's a natural leader in this team

• Like 3

Â