Emiliano Martínez

hippo

44 minutes ago, maqroll said:

There was a sequence yesterday when Targett and Mings were harried into the corner and Mings was forced to pass it back to Emi who took the pass and turned with the ball and then roped a nice pass to Cash to end the threat. His Argie training shows through when he has the ball at his feet. But I can't think of one aspect of his game that is flawed in any way. Looking like one of our shrewdest signings in years.

Even when he has "nothing to do" he is doing something, completely settles down everyone at all times.

2 or 3 "simple" passes made to him yesterday where last season would not have even entertained and even worse would have been fluffed due to the indecision of having to second guess yourself passing to a complete muppet.

He's brilliant, at everything. £20m is staggering, being 28 years old and not even having 100 league appearances under his belt and a CV of Championship clubs even more so.
Just how badly have Arsenal mismanaged this guys career.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Even when he has "nothing to do" he is doing something, completely settles down everyone at all times.

2 or 3 "simple" passes made to him yesterday where last season would not have even entertained and even worse would have been fluffed due to the indecision of having to second guess yourself passing to a complete muppet.

He's brilliant, at everything. £20m is staggering, being 28 years old and not even having 100 league appearances under his belt and a CV of Championship clubs even more so.
Just how badly have Arsenal mismanaged this guys career.

He's also in top physical condition. I don't see any reason why he can't start for Villa for another 10 years!

16 hours ago, One For The Road said:

A class act. Not just as a shot stopper, or a 'commands the area' type player, a class act in every way. 

He is like a younger, better Friedel, and I bloody loved that guy!

Seems to think more like a Last defender than a keeper at times. lol

Hence the rush of blood out the area the other day.

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

You have to feel for Arsenal fans (not really). You're 15th place and you're watching your very own homegrown keeper play at a world class level for Villa who are street ahead of you at the moment. You didn't even get decent compensation for him. Daylight robbery.

Can't imagine Arsenal fans would really care about it. From what I've seen of them this season, their goalkeeper situation is the least of their problems. 

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Can't imagine Arsenal fans would really care about it. From what I've seen of them this season, their goalkeeper situation is the least of their problems. 

To be fair, Arsenal would score more goals with Emi up front than they are managing with their ‘world class’ strike force 

On 21/12/2020 at 19:11, PieFacE said:

Reading bbc comments and twitter they definitely do care about it. They’re not happy at all...

• Like 1

On 21/12/2020 at 19:05, Keyblade said:

You have to feel for Arsenal fans (not really). You're 15th place and you're watching your very own homegrown keeper play at a world class level for Villa who are street ahead of you at the moment. You didn't even get decent compensation for him. Daylight robbery.

If I were an Arsenal fan reading this, I would want to tear your face off 🤣

face off movie GIF

11 hours ago, kidlewis said:

Reading bbc comments and twitter they definitely do care about it. They’re not happy at all...

It was a club decision really. Every year they don't make CL they have to make shortfall and so a squad player coming out of nowhere performing incredibly well for 10 games and attracting bids of over 15m was simply too tempting to turn down.

I wonder if Arteta went along with this as him thinking Leno is a better keeper than Martinez looks like yet another wrong call. Leno isn't bad but Martinez just has that thing every really good keeper needs, presence.

• Like 1

Emi seems to be following a similar path to Jimmy Rimmer.

He too was a second tier Goal keeper at Arsenal, when we bought him and that ended well too.

funny how history repeats itself.

He's a god damn wall. It felt weird wanting to vote him motm in a match today when we won 3-0 and the entire team did well, but he just is so god damn solid. Whenever the ball enters the box I almost expect him to get it. Fantastic keeper. 

• Like 2

Outside of Jack, he's out most important and best player. Easily the best keeper we've had in the PL era. An absolutely inspired signing and inspirational player. He doesnt make mistakes and seemingly has no weakness.

• Like 2

Â