Emiliano Martínez

hippo

2 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Let his team down. Self confessed hard men do that. Not leaders. We can look back with the benefit of hindsight because we pissed it but still.

better leaders than Mings have got stupid red cards in bigger games

7 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Every time someone attacked us last season, I would have a mini heart attack.

Imagine how the defenders must have felt then. No suprise really that the defence looked so shaky last season. 

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Its quite understandable that he was so frustrated at Arsenal.....How can you leave a keeper like that out?

The best i have seen for many years at Villa.

What makes it more baffling is that it's not like they have been blessed with world beaters over the last decade. 

vid isnt actually "amazing saves", there are some in there, but what it does do is show is how good he is at doing the basics, coming for balls, picking crosses, using his strength etc to ensure he gets where he needs to be.

what a keeper......17m???, bargian.

2 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I’m not sure what price you could put on him right now and by the end of the season?  

He really could become the best goalkeeper in the league.

I'd say his price would already be at least twice what we paid for him. At least.

• Like 2

His handling is superb. So many times from shots and crosses he could've easily parried it back into six yard box. Can remember that free kick first half where he was starting to go wrong way and he still hell onto the shot.

He is just in different league in terms of talent compared to Nyland and tbh probably Heaton as good as Tom was first half of last season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I think 40-50m right now but by the summer he could be an 70-80m keeper.  Let’s not forget what Chelsea paid for someone not so long ago.

He's the right age, pedigree I could easily see a 50m bid coming in this summer. He's already that good. 

Best keeper in the league. Not even close. 

Every time he claims the ball he does that stink eye thing mastered by Steer which I like. Also the subtle things like staying on the ground a bit longer to run down the clock. He’s actually flawless. 

Edited by Spoony

Â