Emiliano Martínez

hippo

The save from Milejovic's free kick was fantastic. The way he reshaped his body when he realised it was curving around him, after no doubt seeing it so late, was seriously impressive. Watching him throw himself at the ball to save it, run out at attackers to deny them an angle and just pluck balls out of the air like it's the easiest thing in the world is joyful.

Four clean sheets in a row now. What a guy.

17 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

We can end the myth right here and now that Mings organises our defence. Martinez. All day long. I'd argue he's even having an influence on Cash and Targett's performances.

That's not a myth. Anyone that's watched us knows that for a fact. Mings is fantastic at exactly that. 

• Like 3

Imagine being a defender and seeing this bloke behind you just catch absolutely everything out of the air. The confidence he brings is something. 

I thought he'd have a lot to do in the second half but in fact it was all incredibly easy for him as usual. 

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

That's not a myth. Anyone that's watched us knows that for a fact. Mings is fantastic at exactly that. 

Why, because he shouts and points a lot ? I'm saying as things stand now. Martinez is the main man in that back 5. Mings can't look after his own game. It is a myth that he is organising others positionally. 

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Why, because he shouts and points a lot ? I'm saying as things stand now. Martinez is the main man in that back 5. Mings can't look after his own game. It is a myth that he is organising others positionally. 

You can keep saying it, but it won't make you right. He's definitely good at it. 

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

You can keep saying it, but it won't make you right. He's definitely good at it. 

Let his team down. Self confessed hard men do that. Not leaders. We can look back with the benefit of hindsight because we pissed it but still.

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I can hear him doing it all the time.  Difficult for a keeper to do it when the ball is up at the halfway line.  Better to have more than one leader like that anyway.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

We can end the myth right here and now that Mings organises our defence. Martinez. All day long. I'd argue he's even having an influence on Cash and Targett's performances.

Emi is not marshalling the back line when they are 30 yards up the pitch. They both do their part and long may that level of chemistry continue.  

Why the need to set our own players against each other. Does my head in sometimes. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Stupid question... Why can't it be both of them... Thats what makes the defence and the team good, lots of talking, lots of leadership 

Â