Emiliano Martínez

hippo

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

His handling is immense. He’s such a presence and he just claims anything that comes his way. 

Superb signing. 

I don’t think there’s a keeper in the Prem performing as well as Martinez at the moment. His handling is just superb.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Enjoy!

Trust the Argies to not pick their best available players for reasons only known to the higher ups in the AFA and a certain mr. Lionel A. Messi. 

Edited by Michelsen

I think what makes him so good is that an awful lot of his saves look pretty straightforward, but that is down to incredible positioning. 

In a similar way to Grealish, top players make It look very very easy.

Just looking at some premier league stats and there is one called ‘high claims’ for when the keeper claims the ball. He is top with 16.  However check this out, there is another table which is ‘punches’. There is only 19 keepers in the table. Apparently the guy has never punched it! 

What a keeper!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Just looking at some premier league stats and there is one called ‘high claims’ for when the keeper claims the ball. He is top with 16.  However check this out, there is another table which is ‘punches’. There is only 19 keepers in the table. Apparently the guy has never punched it! 

What a keeper!

If it was the fpl app for some reason it leaves the bottom team/player out. So there will only be 19 results shown. 

8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What a keeper!

He catches stuff that other keepers could only hope to punch, often not even a catch-bounce-catch either. He just straight plucks that mfer out the air.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

He catches stuff that other keepers could only hope to punch, often not even a catch-bounce-catch either. He just straight plucks that mfer out the air.

amazing, we have gone from Nyland:

football wtf GIF by Sethward

to Emi:

dog lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I really hope Emi becomes Argentina number 1. After waiting 10yrs for his chance to then finally become number 1 for club and country in the same season would be an incredible achievement. 

And I don't know why, but Emi seems like one of those characters that is going to love a packed holte end singing his name. There's another thread about the likeability of our squad atm, it's such a bloody shame that some of those that have helped create that are yet to hear the holte singing their names. 

There's going to be a lot of love for these guys when we can get back into the ground. 

That's why, and I know lots of you will disagree, but I'm really not fussed about winning any sort of ballot to go back with 2000 fans. Keep it shut until it's safe enough to go back in full. 

Edited by av1

Â