Emiliano Martínez

hippo

Easy to say in hindsight but daylight robbery of Arsenal. On current form he must be one of the best keepers in the world. Feel so confident having him as the last line of defence and his reactions and distribution are top notch.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

Not sure of the rule change but was anyone else worrying when he handled outside the box...thought it was a sending off offence at one point?

Yes I thought that 

34 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

Not sure of the rule change but was anyone else worrying when he handled outside the box...thought it was a sending off offence at one point?

Yes for a few seconds was convinced he was getting a red 😬

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

Nah - it seemed like a genuine mistake and the ref wasn't some card-happy tossrag like Mike Dean 

25 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Funnily enough on the Arsenal boards they mostly seem to be claiming Martinez is incredibly average after we conceeded so many in the Southampton / West Ham / Brighton games. Guess I can see why he wanted to leave!

You mean they flip-flop on players from game to game? What a bunch of morons. Glad I never see that on here.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

I think because he didn't stop a goal scoring opportunity it wasn't a sending off offence. 

52 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

I thought it was going to be a booking. Really surprised it was nothing. The striker wasnt getting there though, luckily.

i really think he's the best in the league...i dont see the likes of allisson or lloris as better than him.

always said bozzy is the best keeper we've had in my lifetime. his saves against tranmere was the time i fell in love with villa. my first villa shirt was that keeper shirt with Bosnich on the back. and until now we've not had a keeper better than him IMO

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

£20m.

Twenty million pound sterling.

You have to laugh sometimes you really do. Can just imagine Dean and Purslow covering the other end of the phone and laughing to each other when that bid got accepted.

4 year deal

It would be amiss to not mention Emi, in our praise of Villa, this season.

He seems to exude confidence right through the team, he is more than just a goalkeeper, he is more like the manager of the defence and I think Mings is benefitting from his presence too.

can't speak highly enough of him...his enthusiasm is contagious and his presence immeasurable....perfect age for a 'Keeper too.

He seems to be wallowing in the responsibilty of being No 1.

• Like 1

There was a sequence yesterday when Targett and Mings were harried into the corner and Mings was forced to pass it back to Emi who took the pass and turned with the ball and then roped a nice pass to Cash to end the threat. His Argie training shows through when he has the ball at his feet. But I can't think of one aspect of his game that is flawed in any way. Looking like one of our shrewdest signings in years.

• Like 1

Â