Emiliano Martínez

hippo

I think 1 dodgy ball to Nakamba but it didn't result in anything. Other than that it was the usual safe hands and caught everything, didn't have to do much but that's 6 clean sheets now the most in the league. 

Such an odd feeling having such a great keeper. It’s almost boring to talk about him.

Was honestly surprised how much we were dropping on a keeper given how close we thought Heaton was to coming back. I was wrong, clearly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Farlz said:

I think 1 dodgy ball to Nakamba but it didn't result in anything. Other than that it was the usual safe hands and caught everything, didn't have to do much but that's 6 clean sheets now the most in the league. 

Made a really good save on the 1st half from a header from Wood though Owen Hargreaves might have exaggerated on commentary that it was one of thw best crosses ever 😂😂

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

Nope, was Steer

Ah right, just the interview I read this afternoon where DS said he was thinking of putting Heaton on the bench v Wolves but Heats said he'd rather get another under 23 game under his belt first.

It's a mad situation to be in, England keeper as our number 3. Tough decision in January. If anything I'd loan Jed out again as plenty in championship will take him given his heroics for us at that level and he's been a good servant.

You just know the second we loan Heaton out Martinez will break his wrist or something given how the last few years have gone.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Ah right, just the interview I read this afternoon where DS said he was thinking of putting Heaton on the bench v Wolves but Heats said he'd rather get another under 23 game under his belt first.

It's a mad situation to be in, England keeper as our number 3. Tough decision in January. If anything I'd loan Jed out again as plenty in championship will take him given his heroics for us at that level and he's been a good servant.

You just know the second we loan Heaton out Martinez will break his wrist or something given how the last few years have gone.

I've watched most of Heaton's games for the U23's, and while it's obviously not the same as playing for the first team, he has looked pretty poor. I think they might be taking it slowly with him while there's no rush.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

I've watched most of Heaton's games for the U23's, and while it's obviously not the same as playing for the first team, he has looked pretty poor. I think they might be taking it slowly with him while there's no rush.

Is he struggling to dive? Different injury but Given could never dive properly after we signed him due to popping his shoulder in his last season at Man. City.

Worry when keeper does his knee is he loses that agility to spring to the sides quickly enough to claw out the far corner shots. So he's basically Aaron Ramsdale.😉

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Is he struggling to dive? Different injury but Given could never dive properly after we signed him due to popping his shoulder in his last season at Man. City.

Worry when keeper does his knee is he loses that agility to spring to the sides quickly enough to claw out the far corner shots. So he's basically Aaron Ramsdale.😉

A bit of everything really. His handling was really poor in the last match, which cost a goal, but just in general, he hasn't looked like an improvement on Onodi, the regular choice. Of course he's not fully fit, and he's out of practice, and he (presumably) doesn't train much with those defenders, but he's a way from ready IMO.

37 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

He didn't have a lot to do tonight but once again when he was needed he was faultless.

The way he confidently runs to punch the ball. His reactions when running out of the box (sans the handball) is such a joy. Of new players, I can think of nobody who has a bigger impact. I cannot praise him enough.

42 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

It's actually hilarious considering we're now 8 points clear of Arsenal with 2 games in hand

ZjlFhNmE?format=jpg&name=small

Imagine working for a company for 10 years and always seeing someone new get the promotion and the job you wanted... Then being given the job on a temporary basis and doing really well, smashing all your targets...

and then your employers to still pick someone else for the full time position...

Emi is loved and wanted here... and he can feel it too!

Just wait until we can be back at Villa Park and he will hear us chanting his name like it deserves to be!

• Like 2

Â