Josh King

JPAngel

He wouldn't even get a look in unless we get absolutely ravaged by injuries. Aside from the fact Watkins hasn't missed a game through injury for years, even if he was injured King wouldn't be next in line for the starting spot or even next in line after that.

Waste of wage budget at this point.

21 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Surely this has no legs just journos clutching for clicks, first Chris Wood now Josh King who's next Troy f****** Deeney?

Gabby Agbonlahor has vowed to cone out of retirement to fire Villa to the title 

45 minutes ago, skarroki said:

This guy had double figure goal involvements 4 years running in the Prem and was tearing up the championship. He would have walked into our side if we didn't sign Watkins.

I can't understand the negativity around bringing someone like this in to improve our bench and increase competition? He's a versatile lad and still has a few years left in him. 

He's not replacing Watkins and we're not wasting any budget on him. We can't just break our transfer record and sign our new best player every time we make a signing, our squad depth is pretty poor right now and a couple of shrewd signings would benefit the squad. 

Tearing up the championship? 

Entered a speculation thread about Josh King only to find everyone talking about Marlon Harewood

Guess that shows the credibility of the link, and leaves me with just one thing to say before I make my exit from this thread never to return..

Marlon King

Ah!!! Josh King who scored 0 goals in 11 games in Premier League for Everton since arriving on 1st February.

And was on around £55k a week at Everton.

He wasn't even a good player when he was on his best form a couple of years ago.

tenor.gif?itemid=7663264

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Ah!!! Josh King who scored 0 goals in 11 games in Premier League for Everton since arriving on 1st February.

And was on around £55k a week at Everton.

He wasn't even a good player when he was on his best form a couple of years ago.

tenor.gif?itemid=7663264

Tbf, he also played a total of 138 minutes for them in those 11 games so its not like he was given a lot of opportunity to show what he could do.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Tbf, he also played a total of 138 minutes for them in those 11 games so its not like he was given a lot of opportunity to show what he could do.

Agreed - I think the 0 goals in 11 games is misleading, given the minutes. He only really play 1.5 games.

I think was is telling is that he only got 138 minutes of football for Everton in that period. They were struggling at times, and he still didn't get on that much.

I trust the club right now to do what is right - but for the life of me I cannot figure this one out, so suspect it's not true. 
But if he signs, he gets my support, like anyone else.

55 minutes ago, Enda said:

Not saying the link is happening but to those calling Josh King “shit” etc, what sort of squad player do you think is available to midtable sides?

He's 29 though. What's the point? Just doesn't make any sense at all as a signing.

Your squad should be mostly players fighting for a first team place, plus some youth on the way up. It's ok to have some experienced heads who don't play as often (like Elmo, Taylor) but usually they'll come from within the setup. I don't see any point in bringing them in just to sit on the bench and be shit.

Surely Louie Barry will be a more dangerous option than King within the next year or so?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Agreed - I think the 0 goals in 11 games is misleading, given the minutes. He only really play 1.5 games.

I think was is telling is that he only got 138 minutes of football for Everton in that period. They were struggling at times, and he still didn't get on that much.

I trust the club right now to do what is right - but for the life of me I cannot figure this one out, so suspect it's not true. 
But if he signs, he gets my support, like anyone else.

I guess with Ollie's natural fitness then we really only need a player who is willing to chip in with a few minutes here and there.

Our other options from the bench are Wesley or Davis. If the money is right, we could do worse to have an extra option. He's not going to start, but put it this way, what do we do next season if Watkins gets injured? We're back to starting Wesley and having Davis as our only option from the bench. 

23 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

He's 29 though. What's the point? Just doesn't make any sense at all as a signing.

Your squad should be mostly players fighting for a first team place, plus some youth on the way up. It's ok to have some experienced heads who don't play as often (like Elmo, Taylor) but usually they'll come from within the setup. I don't see any point in bringing them in just to sit on the bench and be shit.

Surely Louie Barry will be a more dangerous option than King within the next year or so?

Thanks Tom…

11 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Look fair enough post but come on. Mo Salah turns 29 next week. Cavani is 34. Since when is 29 too old? I really don’t think I need to tell you the advantages of hypothetically signing 29 year old instead of relying on Louie Barry! Barry will have a great career but the lad can’t even vote. Zero experience in the division or even the Championship. Has even been in a match day squad? Completely unproven. Completely.

I don’t rate Josh King but I think some posters here are getting well ahead of themselves. If the club are looking for a front man but are happy with Ollie being first choice, realistically I think we are looking in the realm of Josh Kings. So, again, outside of Football Manager land, what sort of player do midtable clubs actually sign?

Â